Admitting

Jahlil POV

Im currently at a doctors appointment with Malachi checking on our baby boy.

He hasn't said anything to me all day. Just drove us here in silence.

The doctor had to go and get some papers for us to look over and there was an awkward silence in the room.

"Chi?" I finally speak up.

Before he can respond the doctor comes back in.

"Hi I'm going to be checking on you guys today you regular doctor is on vacation so she told me to work with you guys." She smiles.

"Okay." I say softly.

"Im just gonna do an ultrasound real quick to see if everything's good with the little guy." She rubs to gel on my stomach before showing the baby on the screen.

I look over at Malachi to see him smiling at the screen.

I look over at it and feel my eyes water a little. I always get like this at appointments so it was to be expected.

"I love seeing couples come in together." The doctor smiles.

I smile at that before it quickly drops at Malachi's words.

"We ain't together. But thanks." He says plainly.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I just assumed." She blushes and walks out quickly after cleaning my stomach.

"You ready?" He looks over at me.

"Y-yea." I say with my head down trying to hide my tears.

"Why you crying. You don't needa be stressing my baby." He says lifting my head and wiping my tears. Pulling me into a hug.

I just sob harder at that.

I really fucked up.

Maybe I really should just disappear after the baby's born.

It'll make things easier for Malachi.

"I-I'm fine. Can we just go." I say pulling away not looking at him.

"Ight." He helps me down from the bed and we walk out of the doctors office.

On the way to the house to car is dead silent.

"So that's it. We're over. Just like that?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know why you're surprised Jahlil. You did this not me. The same way you broke up with me in highschool because I didn't tell you I love you immediately. You have deep rooted issues and you always find a way to take it out on me. I can't just worry about you all the time Jahlil. We have kids and another on the way. You can't always be number one." He rants.

I just listen. I know what I need to do. And he's not gonna like it but maybe it's for the best.

"Y'know there's a procedure where you can give birth early. And they put the baby in this machine that acts as a womb. And um I was thinking we could do that. A-and I can say g-goodbye to the twins. A-and our new baby. And t-then I c-Can leave you guys a-alone." I say looking down.

"Maybe that's for the best yknow. You're right I have deep rooted issues and it's not fair to you. Or our babies and maybe I shouldn't be in anyone's life. I wasn't good enough for my own mother why would I be good enough for a whole family right. But it's okay. I know you'll do great. You're the best father these kids could have. Can you tell them that I l-love them? Even if I don't know how?" Ask my voice cracking at the end.

"Jahlil what are you talking about?" He looks over at me a look of worry and confusion in his eyes.

"N-nothing forget it." I say subconsciously pulling my sleeve even lower to hide me cuts.

"Jahlil?" He asks again.

"N-nothing I just want you to know that I love you. And I'm sorry. I never meant to say what I said I was just hurting and I took it out on you. Like always. D-do you still l-lo-" the car abruptly stops.

Before I can process what's happening his lips are on mine.

I immediately respond sliding my tongue in his mouth. He pulls away shaking his head.

"Not like that." He says softly.

"Chi.." I whimper giving him the look.

"Nah not while you pregnant and this yo punishment for talking to me any kind of way since I can't fuck you up yet." He says starting the car back up.

"You didn't answer my question." I look down.

"Of course I still love you. And you still love me. I know you were hurt and that's why you said what you said. But yo ass betta not say it again. And you gone apologize to Mel and Siah." He states matter of factly.

"Mel and Siah didn't even know what was going on." I defended.

"I did. And they deserve an apology." He gives me a serious look.

"Okay" I look down playing with my fingers.

"Okay What?" He smirks.

"Okay papi." I say biting my lip after.

"That's my baby." He runs my thigh and I smile.

Things are getting better.

Hellooooooo bitchessssss. Ok this is short but it's just a filler chapter shiii finna get juicy next chapter.

Anywhoo

I don't have any questions but I'd like to know you guys' opinions about this chapter.

Who wants a sneak peek to book 2!?

Warning : it'll be a small spoiler 🤨

Please remember to comment so that I can know how y'all feel about the plot and the overall characters.

TANKUUUU 💖💖💖