CHAPTER 93: Stay Away From That Girl

.
.
.

Nika's POV:

Mom left to give me some time to think about her sudden disclosure of truth. Before she left, I saw the look on her face. She was also on the verge of crying.

To be honest, I don't really remember anything about my father. It was such a taboo subject to my mother and to those around her. I don't even know what kind of father he was to me. That said, I'm sure he must have been a terrible person to have been completely erased from my memory.

 That said, I'm sure he must have been a terrible person to have been completely erased from my memory

However, I now understand why Mom kept me away from knowing about my father's identity. It was because he was a big shot from a prestigious family.  And I was his illegitimate child. I guess that's a bit better than to be called as Jin's half sister. But why did mom decided to reveal it now after all this time? Even though I'm an illegitimate child, I'm still part of the Jang family? Am I gonna fight against Devi as well?

I broke down into tears, not knowing what to do.

"Hey Nika, we shou—"

Jin entered and saw my current state. He rushed over to my side and held me in his arms. With him, I got more emotional, wondering if our relationship would be affected by this.

Nana's POV:

Everyone was overwhelmed by the continuous shocking revelations. When Mijin told us about Nika, Devi rushed to her, grabbing her collar.

"What are you all planning to do? What does your family plan to do with Nika?" She kept asking. This time, with a scary look on her face.

"Even I don't know. I'm just doing what they told me to do." Mijin barely replied due to Devi's grip which is slowly choking her.

The tension inside the room was so high, Taehyung and Jungkook was prepared to stop Devi if it escalated to something worse.

But it all got cut off when a phone rang amidst the fiery situation

But it all got cut off when a phone rang amidst the fiery situation. It was Devi's phone which diverted her attention from Mijin. She then went out to answer the phone call.