Somehow Cabir squeezed himself into their class and attached himself to his brother until one of the guys pushed him away. He pouted and went to stand beside Abhimanyu to complain about how unfair it was for the brother of the head boy.

It took another fifteen minutes for Manik to free himself and by the time the class had emptied out. It was the last period. Manik was a blushing mess and he chuckled embarrassedly, ducking his head and unsure of even using his limbs properly. Abhimanyu gave him a bottle of water and pushed him onto the nearest bench, to calm him down.

Once Manik noticed Nandini, he frowned. "Are you not happy?", he asked, gaining the attention of their friends. It was only them in the room.

Nandini smirked. "Your deal of helping me out is now useless, Mr. Malhotra. Do you want to have another deal instead of that?" When Manik raised an eyebrow, she turned her lips upside down. "Please help me in passing the exams. The whole Physics part is blank, I don't even know where my chemistry textbook is and the Maths, well, no one has ever understood it."

The way he glared at her was almost comical and if she didn't have to maintain her serious expression she would have definitely laughed. "Nandini, what the hell? How could you not start studying already? There isn't even a month left for the exams", he said, panicking.

"And you told me, I was the last person on this planet to study for my exams. You freaking made me study ages before", complained Cabir.

"Baby, isn't it the reason why you are confident about your exams right now?", asked Manik.

"True", muttered the younger twin while smirking at Nandini. "I could even write my exams now and pass with distinction."

Nandini stomped his foot without Manik noticing. The boy already was close to having a panic attack and his baby brother getting injured might add to it. Ignoring the daggers shot at her by the said baby brother, she pouted at Manik. "I tried, really but it's confusing."

"We are finishing it right now", he announced. He pulled his notebook out of his bag and asked Nandini to sit down.

"Or you could show us during the exams", suggested Nandini and earned a very pointed glare from the boy. "Or we could study now. That's a great idea too", she said, smiling innocently. 

"Manik, can we join too?", asked Abhimanyu, pointing and Mukti and himself.

"Did you two not study too?", he asked.

"No, Manik, we did. I thought it would be better to go through a second time so that I wouldn't forget", explained her best friend, lying through his teeth.

"Yeah, that's true. I am not perfect but I will try to explain the best I can", muttered Manik.

Nandini snorted and so did Cabir. They both glared at each other before ignoring.

"Bhai, I have to meet my guide to discuss the previous work I had submitted. Shall I take the car and pick you up after work? Will you be okay here?", asked Cabir.

Manik went to Cabir to hand over the car keys. While the brothers were having a long conversation, probably about Manik asking him to be safe, Nandini pulled Abhimanyu beside her. "You lied to him. You didn't study too", she accused.

"True. But did you look at him? The boy could send me into a panic mode by panicking himself", he whispered.

Nandini pinched his arm and yelled traitor in his ear for betraying her.

XXX

By the time Manik had finished explaining quantum mechanics, Nandini thought she could try for the Nobel prize that year. He was a good teacher. Beside her, Abhimanyu was looking at Manik as if he would kiss the ground Manik walked on.