Chapter 2 - Stolen jellies

The sun was up and the birds were singing. It was a beautiful quiet day. Seokjin ignored the news about the increase of corona cases after having a short call with his mom on the phone. He doesn't want to worry himself about them after his parents just assured him they were doing fine all cooped up in their third mansion. They knew how his anxiety crept up on him, specially at night. He locked his phone as he finished donating $500,000 to a charity towards a COVID19 Response Fund.

He breathes fresh air in and out comfortably listening to the soft rustling of leaves from trees around his property.

He contemplates if it was such a bad idea how he declined joining his family as they all went to Norway for a vacation before the pandemic started.

Now, he was left in their 9 bedroom, 15 baths, approximately 22,000 sq ft mansion high up in the mountains alone for weeks with his family stuck in another country not sure when they were coming back.

He was his father's successor of their multi billion dollar tech company and had been running things all by himself at a young age. Hes spent countless nights losing sleep over work, eager to make his father proud and accomplished that. Now that he attained his goals, various stressors popped up in Seokjin's life that he has tried so hard to appease. Having so many people look up to you, depend on you and watch your every move does exacerbate someone's anxiety not to mention his past trauma.

Days spent soaking in the spa and getting massages did help but Seokjin's main problem was his sleep. His pattern was completely off. Most of the time going on fully awake for 72 hours straight and not even noticing it. His physician told him to stop consuming so much sweets because it may have adverse effects beside making him hyper later in his life. And Seokjin didn't want to drink alcohol every night just to fall asleep.

He has tried everything and nothing worked, until he learned about ASMR.

It was one of his best inventor friends from his company, Min Yoongi, that introduced him to the sensory response. After handing his newly invented hyper sensitive binaural wireless bluetooth earbuds to Seokjin, he told him to search up ASMR videos on the internet and Seokjin was hooked ever since then.

It was the answer to all his sleepless nights. From that moment on, Seokjin obtains a full 8-hour sleep cycle, sometimes more, if he wills himself early enough to lay in his bed. He has experienced the bestest snooze in his life after hitting the treasure trove with that one certain youtuber whose video could drain his anxieties away and lull him peacefully to sleep, even drooling at times.

In all honestly though, Seokjin just wanted some time alone as his younger brother and parents all went to travel.

Due to the pandemic, he agreed to have everyone at his company to work from home. He loved it. There was nothing better than having more time to play and even test out their company's inventions, although he did miss their headquarters and his friends.

As time went by, Seokjin started to feel lonely in such a huge house with no one to interact with. Sure, there was internet but spending time with someone physically was still different. He did often speak with either one of his two guards he had situated at a guard house far beyond his mansion whenever they bring up his online orders to the front door of his home.

After taking a dip in the 250 ft. zero edge infinity pool, Seokjin has laid himself out on one of the sunbathing lounges as he relaxed. He swam to let out his frustration from cleaning up early that morning after getting off the phone with his parents and reading tons of emails.

He thought twice and concludes that it wasn't such a bad idea how he let all of their servants and almost all of his security guards be on paid leaves as he was confident that nothing wrong could possibly happen. Yet he does regret not leaving at least two servants behind so he could have someone to talk to.