Chapter 8

I awoke to the nerve racking beeping of the machine that tells you if the person hooked up is still alive. Unfortunately,  I was. As the memories of what seemed to be last night flood back, my pulse increased significantly.  Where was Batman? And what of the lunatic clown? As my eyes tried to focus on anything in that room, I watched a figure jog in looking panicked to see I was in fact awake. "Where am I, where's Batman, and what are you doing?!" It comes out almost monotone and my face slightly tingles. When I try to lift my hand to my face, my wrist gets caught on the handcuffs attached to the bar on my bed.  "You're in the hospital, probably helping some other poor people such as yourself, and I'm giving you more medicine for your injuries," she said without looking at me. "How bad is it? Can't be any worse than I've had before, " I say slightly chuckling.  "Very bad. You almost died back there. How did you end up with such a bad boyfriend?" Wait. Did she just call The Joker my BOYFRIEND?!?!?!?! "Lady you might be confused.  He was NOT my boyfriend. " A confused look crossed her face when I said this.  "The results came back negative for brain damage..." was all she had to say and walked out of the room.  Well she was rude. Time to find my way out of here. The window was hopefully approximately just my size. If I could just undo these handcuffs... A knock on the door takes me from my escape plan and my mouth releases  a grumpy "what the hell do you want. " A boy roughly my hight peaks his head of black hair through the door.  "Hi uhh  how are you feeling?" You could tell he was at least three  fourths shy and trying to hide his nervousness. "Just chipper. Fantastic. First I'm broken in a wearhouse and now I'm handcuffed to a bed," I said raising my arm for him to see.  "May I come in?" Since he was already basically in my room anyway, I nod. Once his whole body is in my room I realize he's a whole head taller than me.  "Zelda Pureheart? I'm Tim Drake." Why does his name sound so familiar? "How old are you 'Tim Drake'?" He had one of those faces where he could be either twelve or twenty. "Sixteen? " Maybe he'd  be  stupid enough to break me out of here... "Well you seem like a smart strong male... think you could... give me a hand?" He laughs and shakes his head.  "You'll be out soon enough." "What does that mean?" "You'll see Miss Pureheart.... you'll see." And he left with no further explaination than a smirk telling me that this wasn't the last time I'd see this beautifully  mysterious  boy.

------------------------------

Sorry I take so long to update.... some times you just need the right moment though.  Anyway hope you like it guys :)