Her mother's pleasant smile lifted the small one's spirit as her bright grin could rival the sun that was shining its light down on the two as if they were calling for heaven. "Let's promise each other that we'll have our happily-ever-after together, okay? My little princess still needs to look pretty!" The lady lightly pinched the small bridge of her daughter's nose, getting cute giggles from her child in return. Her smile faltered for a moment when a sharp ache coursed through the young adult's temple, but she didn't bid any mind to it.

"I promise!" Little Y/N peeped in between her giddiness before walking out of the playground with her mother by her side.

"Mom? Am I... pretty?" Y/N, who was now attending middle school in her second year, held her phone by her ear as she asked her mother at the other end of the call. Her fingers dug onto her skin like blunt razors, feeling onto the healing marks as she bit her bottom lip anxiously. Her mother's reassuring words were her safe haven from the inner voices mocking her every move.

"Why, of course! You're the prettiest princess I ever laid my eyes on!" The same velvety voice spoke out through the speaker of the cellular machine.

The girl smiled gingerly at her mother's words, her distressed antics steadily calming down. "Come on, mom. I'm not a child anymore." She murmured, thanking the gods that nobody heard her mom on the phone. Her mother laughed through the phone speaker, ignoring the faint pain on her chest and quietly apologizing for the nicknames she would give to her only daughter.

"...Is your dad there?" The middle-aged woman spoke out.

Y/N pursed her lips, her smile turning into a frown with the mention of her biological father. "He's out because of work... as usual." She replied curtly, not wanting to talk about the said male. "Anyways, are we still going to your house this weekend?" The middle schooler inquired, leaning her back against the headstand of the twin-sized bed.

"Well, I still wanna make you look more pretty, my little princess!"

"Did you get in?" Y/N, who had just finished looking at the results of her first year in high school, held a phone that seems like the latest model

"Did you get in?" Y/N, who had just finished looking at the results of her first year in high school, held a phone that seems like the latest model. After checking out the final decisions for her admission to the institution, you wanted to call the only person who would care about your passing.