𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

NINE ━━━ THE GIRL WITH THE WISTFUL SMILE

NINE ━━━ THE GIRL
WITH THE WISTFUL SMILE

LITTLE GIRLS DREAM OF FAIRYTALES, RIGHT? With a flick of a wand, a maiden's nightmare of torment and agony may turn into a fantasy of rapture and heavenly joy— living in riches and glinting crystals that got extracted in the mines of greenery mountains. Though, what would happen if the girl who went through those tumultuous years didn't meet her fairy godmother at the right time.

A pair of curious and beady orbs stared at the colony of ants lining up 'till the entrance of the small lump made of dirt and gravel. The little girl finds it odd that such tiny beings could create a bijou of a kingdom, still risking their frail lives only to give a sanctuary for their queen. Questions bubble inside the child's mind, and one stuck onto her.

Why do humans still try to ruin these creatures' simple times?

"Y/N! We really should get going!" A delicate voice called out from the distance.

The child, Y/N, looked up and smiled brightly at the lady who beckoned her over to her direction. "Okay, mom!" She answered back, her tiny and pitched voice slightly cracking from her roaring volume. The little H/C-haired stood up from her crouching position, patting the dirt off the spots that the back of her shoe made a print, and sprinted over to her mother with excitement bubbling inside her innocent character.

Her chubby little arms wrapped around the woman's knee securely as the said lady giggled at her daughter's actions. "Are we going back to your place, mommy?" The girl asked, her voice imbued with a sense of joy and enthusiasm just like the lady before her.

However, the dynamic atmosphere drastically took a turn. With sad-pitiful eyes and a tightened-forced smile that could make even Orpheus' melodies of mourning play for the mother's suppressed emotions, the lady paused for a moment before she spoke, "N...No, baby girl. You'll have to live with daddy now.".

The girl peered at her mother, concerned about those sweet-loving eyes turning into something the little one couldn't read. "I don't want to! Daddy keeps on yelling at you back at our last home! He hurt you, mommy!" She whined loudly, frowning towards the mention of her father alongside the memory of him and your mother arguing at the dinner table.

The much older lady smiled morosely down at her daughter, taking her tiny hands into her long slim ones before squatting to the child's short height. "I- I know, honey... If I could sell my heart only to stay with you, I would've. But the government people will keep me away if you don't live with daddy." She explained, although her elucidation might confuse the little girl more due to her maximum comprehension.

"You wouldn't want that to happen, right?"

The young girl set her eyes below, staring at the way her feet angled diagonally inside as she started nodding her head in reply. "No..." She murmured and felt a soft pat on her head.