They Can't Know

This chapter is not edited.

"It's going to be a long flight!" I huffed as I put my luggage in the trunk.
"Good thing I brought my dual headphone adapter. We can watch a movie."

"Only if it's depressing" MJ answered as she pushed me gently to put her own luggage, "or hilarious."

I smiled at her.

And we did exactly that. The flight, not even the slightest, felt exhausting. We enjoyed the flight, as we spent most of our time in watching movies and listening to music while we were awake, and cuddling while sleeping.

I was almost sad when the flight landed. But only 'almost'. I was relieved to be on back on ground and happy to be out of that cooped up space.

"Feels good to be back!" I sighed as we exited the flight.

"Yeah...yeah, it does" MJ said. I could sense the hesitation in her voice, but before I could ask, "Let's get out of here." She said and started walking towards the door.

"Wouldn't it have been great if Loki came with us." I said breaking the sudden silence between us as we walked outside the airport.

"Yeah, but I guess he likes it there--" MJ stopped at her tracks as she looked at something with shock. "Peter? Does that guy look like Loki or am I hallucinating?"

I looked in the direction she pointed to. And indeed there was a man in a formal attire, looking just like Mr. Loki. Even his curls was same as Mr. Loki.

"I guess that guy really looks like Mr. Loki." I chuckled.

We both would have really thought him to be Mr. Loki's doppelganger and moved on, if the doppelganger wouldn't have waved and started walking towards us.

"Seems like I considered your proposal, tiny mortals." He said as we stood speechless.

"How did you even--?" MJ squeezed her eyebrows in confusion.

"It was a long journey. But I am here." Mr. Loki smiled.

"It's great, Mr. Loki!" I said, unable to contain my smile.

"Yeah, It's nice to have you here." MJ smiled. "Let's go now, there's a car waiting for us outside."

"Wait!" Mr. Loki stopped us. "I might not be welcomed there."

"Don't worry, as we told earlier, we will take care of everything." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am sure. Let's go." And we walked to the car. But, the driver gave a look and asked us about him. We simply told him that Mr. Loki was our friend and needs to be at Avengers tower as Fury had informed us.

"But I recieved no such information, sir." The Driver remarked.

"Yeah, because it was urgent and might have slipped through his mind." I said.

"Now, if we are done with the questions, we should get going before Dad gets furious." MJ rushed.

The drive wasn't interesting, except the curious looks thrown by the driver at intrigued-by-the-cityscape Mr. Loki.

As we reached the tower, I felt a tinge of nervousness. Sure, I had told Mr. Loki to not worry about the situation but as the moment started being not so distant, I had no idea how to handle it.

We entered the building, anxiety building up in my core. MJ was walking beside me, fortunately, and she nudged me.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine. I hope." She said.