Chapter twenty one

Alex drove a few cars behind Maya being careful not to be seen again, especially with those killers. He was close to getting himself killed by them and his boss. Once he had escaped from them, he immediately called his boss on his discovery. 

Luckily, he first set the envelope and rose and slashed her tires as she wasn't looking before stalking her. Running in front of her car was a great way to get her to stop. He watched from behind Maya's car as she talked with the guys until one of them noticed him, which caught everyone's attention. He ran for his car and sped away and speed dialed his boss and told him what happened. 

"Hey I found out that Maya is spending time with the killers. And that they aren't harming her, like they're friends or something."

"Perfect."

"I also got caught by them but luckily made it out before they could get me."

"What!"

"I said I got away before something bad happened. It's like they are protective over her or something or they wouldn't have helped her."

"Still you've got caught idiot!"

His boss took a deep inhale and exhale before continuing. "Look, just don't get caught next time or I will kill you. Got that?" 

"Yeah . . . boss." 

He heard the click of the phone as he drove home. 

This was then and this is now. It' been a couple days since the incident and he's been extra cautious since. His mind raced of what might happen tonight and possibly where she's going. the two cars in front of him turned so it was just him and her on the road. 

He followed her into town still keeping his distance from her. Following her in a car is a very risky move but he's willing to risk it for the biskit. 

Following her through town, at six in the evening. She turn into Stoneshire and drove down turning right into her section. Maya pulled onto a driveway where he presumed where her mother lives. Not being suspicious Alex kept driving until he met a cul de sac. 

Turning around, Alex went to park up ahead beside the lawn which gave him a great view on his driver's side of Maya's old home. He assumed that this is where her mother stayed. He's gain a lot of information on Maya for the past two months. He learned that she's a lonely child, her father is nowhere to be seen. She's a waitress at Taffy's Diner but wants to be an Elementary Teacher. Forced into marriage with the big business boss. 

A lot of things that he could name but his mind is elsewhere. Concentrating on what might happen. Not long after Maya entered the small home, she came out walking to her car with something in her hand. It took no longer than half a minute to get the car started and off she went. 

Waiting a moment before following her once again. Driving through town she turned back onto the highway that leads to her home. He stayed a couple cars behind her. Soon enough they turned as the traffic is light on the highway. Following the car, Alex noticed the cul de sac and a car ready to pull out into the highway.

He didn't know the people who lives there but a hunch tells him that they aren't just any old random people. Zooming pass the intersection, he notice in the rear view mirror the car wait a bit before pulling into the highway, following them. As Maya turned into her road Alex thought fast if he should continue or not. Playing safe he kept going missing the road towards her home. He turned at the next corner and kept going along the road until he thinks it's safe. Glancing in the view mirror he saw the car pass. 

Alex kept driving until a shoulder in the road appeared on his right. Turning into it making his way back up the road being sure that the car is gone. Turning left back on the highway, he sped twenty over the speed limit just to get onto her road. 

Driving down the road Alex parked his vehicle a few feet away from the gate. Killing the engine Alex stepped out of the car and running up to the gate. Stopping at the gate Alex stared at the home. Hearing faint footsteps Alex turned around and saw a person dressed in black.

As quick as lightning, he covered his mouth and dragged Alex further into the forest. Alex tried to escape but didn't succeed. Once they were further into the forest they guy kneed him in the abdonoment. 

Alex curled into a ball holding his lower stomach while coughing for the air he needs. After breathing the air steadily the guy took out a knife and held it up to his throat.

"Please don't hurt me . . . I've got a family."

"Well then you're going to answer my question. Who are you working for?"

"I-I don't work for anyone."

"Answer the question!" He presents the knife at his throat.

"I  . . . I really don't."

Lier, I know you work for someone or you wouldn't be stalking her now would you?" He pushed the knife harder into his throat. 

"I have a family!"

"I don't care!"

The guy pushed harder into his throat piercing his skin a bit of blood drawing. "Now, I'm going to say this one last time, then you'll see you're family."

"I work for my boss. I don't know his name he won't tell me. He told me that this is my assignment. I'm only doing it for the money. My family and I are poor and we need the money."

"Where do you live?"

"What?"

"Answer me!"

Alex told him his address. "Please let me go."

"Oh I will."

He pushed the knife into his throat. That man was the last person and thing Alex saw before the life drained out of him.