#58 Don't tell me, just do it.

"Liv wake up"

"Liv wake up"

"No"

"Liv come on, I've been calling you for half an hour. Wake up"

"No"

In a sudden movement my whole body rolled across the bed and landed on the floor with an epic thud. When I peered up Liam knelt in the middle of the bed laughing at my expense. I inhaled and exhaled a large capacity of air through my nostrils like a raging bull. But as my body adjusted more to being awake the mischievous glint in Liams eyes as he smiled so big brought me out of my grouchiness. Liam was happy.

"I'm sorry, I threw my pillows on the floor first." He looked anything but sorry as he helped me to my feet, I didn't notice the soft landing but now that he mentioned it I think they definitely did help. "My friends are meeting at the beach soon, you wanna come?"

"Not really." I admitted because hanging out with his friends doesn't sound like my idea of fun but then I got an idea. "Not unless I can invite Tia and Harris." Liams body tensed instantly.

"I don't like them." He pointed out straight to the point.

"Not even Tia?" I ask as I watch him rub the back of his neck leaving small pink blotches on the surface of his skin.

"She makes me feel ... uncomfortable." he admitted and I knew it was because she kept bringing up the time he hurt me by accident. "She asks a lot of questions." He followed up with.

"Yeah, she does. But you don't have to answer them. It's none of her business. You're going to have to hang with my friends at some point." I could see Liam loose some of his cool. This was going to be harder than I thought.

"Yeah." He muttered really quietly, trying to push the darkness back down.

***

It was mid day, the sun was shining and the slight breeze was pleasantly warm. Tia and Harris were meeting us at the beach, they still haven't had a conversation about their kiss and Tia kept texting me freaking out. Liams mood had dropped by a few degrees and I knew it was at the thought of hanging out with my friends. He really didn't like letting new people in.

I gripped his chest as he rode through the streets of our town on his motorcycle, pulling up along the pier and climbing off. I tugged the inside of my cheek between my teeth, contemplating asking my next question or not.

"Can we hold hands?" I sheepishly ask, trying to engage him.

He looked down at me and the slightest smile tugged at the corners of his lips. It made me full on smile in return. Within a beat he interlocked our fingers as we headed down the pier. We passed an older couple who sat on the bench looking out at sea, as we walked past them I heard the gentleman tell his lady 'that used to be us' and as sweet as that was I couldn't help but think it was so far from being true.