Chapter Nineteen- Old Flame

"What are you doing here?" Buffy asked as she did everything in her power to not blush or cry.

        "My wife...she was killed..."

        "I'm sorry-"

        "By a vampire with a soul..."

        "How do you know?"

        "I was asleep next to her when I heard him say so..."

        "He just said he was a vampire with a soul?"

        "Yeah. I know...bizarre...but it happened...listen...I know I have no place to ask..."

        "I'll do it. I could use a distraction right now..." She confessed as she looked back and realized Xander had gone back inside.

        "Who's all here?"

        "The gang."

        "Ah..."

        "And Spike."

        As Buffy filled Riley in, they made their into the house and into an empty room.

        "Thanks again." He said short and quick. "I won't be a bother..."

        The night went by fast. Buffy fell fast asleep. When she awoke the next morning, the shower was already in motion.

        She waited outside and began banging on the door.

        "Dawn! Get out! I need to get to the interview!"

        No noise came out of the bathroom, only a nearly nude Riley with water glistening on his seriously toned arms, chest, and abs. She found herself speechless.

        "Sorry, I haven't had a shower in nearly a week..."

        "Oh..." She just nodded but quickly noticed her eyes were stuck on his body. Xander exited and saw this moment between them. He entered into the room and shut the door where he hit his head against the door and sighed. "What's it going to take?" He asked himself.