Chapter 15- Spike's return

Buffy reached out towards Spike and her fingers connected to his pale but warm skin.

        "I'm not used to bearing scars that don't heal quick...or having the tolerance for them." he said with a chuckle.

        "It's incredible! You're here...I thought about you and dreamt about you...but it's really you!"

        "You dreamt about me?" he said with a surprised and happy smile.

        She blushed before he kissed her. He grabbed her waist and dug his nails into her sides, making her moan. But she pushed him off.

        "I can't... I'm sorry..."

        "It's angel isn't it?"

        Buffy nodded and held her head in sadness.

        "That bloody bastard!" Spike said as he threw a chair across the room, breaking a window.

        "What?"

        "He told me he wouldn't touch you-just protect you...he lied to me...he...."

        Buffy placed her hand upon his chest to calm him.

        "A lot has happened Spike... A lot...."

        "I can tell..." his anger still obvious, he turned from her as he gritted his teeth. "I know he's human too...but...he lied to me...I thought him and I could finally mend our friendship and he bloody lies to me!"

        "Spike! I'm here! Look at me...I can't let you leave here angry..."

        He took a few deep breaths before turning to her and smiling. "Within time pet, you'll see who really cares... I don't know about you...but, I am bloody starving!" he said, dragging her from the bar and into Xander's car.

        "Spike, good buddy! It's you?"

        Buffy nodded and appeared to gleam.

        "Let's go get some food...he's hungry.."

        "Like go to an ally and pick up lonely low-self-esteemed college rejections?"

        "He's human..." she said-ignoring his harsh comment.

        Xander smiled and giggled. "It's about time there Spike..."

        Xander drove Buffy and Spike back to the hotel and everyone watched him with awe. Dawn ran to him and hugged him tight, but there was only one person Spike had wished to see.

        "Angel?" Giles asked, looking to Buffy.

        She shook her head "no" and moved closer to Spike.

        "He's human... Dawn...why don't you catch him up...I'll go get some food..."

        And within moments, Buffy was across the room. Xander followed after her.

        "Hey Buff...how?"

        "Karma...she brought him back so he could live..."

        "What does this mean for uh- Angel?"

        "I'm not sure..."

        And just as the silence seemed to be nice, a dark figure emerged from the shadows. Standing tall, slender, and muscular.

*VOTE COMMENT SHARE