chapter 13- lustful thinking and endings

Even though Buffy was with Angel, her mind often wandered to Spike. She thought about his sacrifice, their sweet moments, and even all those years of tension. Since she believed she saw him, her mind has been playing scenes of them over and over again in her head. Her heart ached as she dreamed of hearing his accent. Just as she had forgotten about it...an accent entered the silent room.

     "Will found where the Magi is located and how to get the girls out..." Giles said as he leaned against the door frame. He could tell Buffy had something on her mind but she often did. He exited-leaving Buffy in her thoughts.

       Buffy entered the room where everyone was gathered (excluding Angel) and she had a determined look on her face.

      "Let's do this!" she said as she picked up her weaponry.

     As they were in the car, Buffy turned the stake in her hand and thought of all the vampires she and killed with Mr.Pointy. It made her get an ache in her stomach, but she was ready to end this. Then the car stopped in front of the academy. Cathcross was standing in front smiling.

       "Can I help you?"

       "What are you doing?"

       "Admiring the building...isn't it grand?" she said as she held her hand over her heart and took a deep breath in.

        "Wouldn't it be better to admire it during the day?" Xander said as he placed himself between Buffy and Cathcross.

        "So you know? You do little witch, don't ya?"

         Willow hid her face from Buffy and placed it toward Cathcross.

          "Can't you tell? I'm magi! I am more powerful than ever.... so why tell you? u may ask. well because I can do whatever I please..."

           "Why do you take the girls?"

           "sacrifices.... for a greater purpose. You can't kill me..."

          The gang all tried to think of ways to destroy her but a figure emerged from the shadows. It stood tall and was accompanied by a shorter figure who had its hands placed in front of her.

          "No...But I can....Will now!" Angel said as he became visible. just then, Willow cast her immobility spell and all but Angel and his companion froze. Angel had taken Magi to the ground and the person whom accompanied him was the witch. She froze the magi and Angel then broke her neck and burned her body. All the girls were released and were crying from relief. But Angel waited as Willow unfroze them.

     "Buffy.....Spike's alive..."