"Luna, you're scaring me. What is going on inside that head of yours?" Cate's enthusiastic voice just now has turned into a much quieter one and there is even a little bit of fear in it.

I softly pull the roots of my hair and let out a long sigh.

I have to tell her. I want to tell her.

"Okay, you'll have to promise that you won't say anything to anyone. Not even Pierre. Please?" Cate looks at me with questionable eyes and slowly nods. "Why? What is going on?"

"So, last night. After I walked out of the restaurant, Lando came after me..."

"Right, I thought it was weird that he suddenly said he had to leave. He said that his trainer had called and that he had to go, but that wasn't true at all." She doesn't seem to catch on with what I'm saying, but right after she finishes that sentence her eyes go wide, she gasps and I know that she knows.

"Wait... Do you have a thing with Lando!?" She shouts way too loud and I immediately cover her mouth with my hand, hoping nobody heard her.

"I told you to be quiet!" I harshly whisper, "and no, I do not have a thing with Lando." I bite the inside of my cheek and let my hand, that covered Cates mouth, fall back beside my side. Neither one of us says a word and I can't stand the uncomfortable silence, so I whisper the three words that make this all feel real.

"He kissed me."

Silence.

She doesn't say a word, but her facial expression tells me enough. Her mouth is wide open and her eyes almost pop out of her head.

I knew it. She thinks it's wrong. I shouldn't have told her. Why did I tell her?

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted when I feel two arms tightly wrapped around my body and she lifts me off the ground. I'm so confused. I thought she didn't like it, considering she didn't say a word when I told her, but this hug is telling me the exact opposite.

"I'm so happy for you, Luna. You deserve this." She whispers into my ear and hearing her words makes every tense muscle in my body relax and I smile into her shoulder as she shakes my body side to side.

She pulls back and takes my head in her head, smiling at me. "I'm so happy for you, Lun."

"Really? You don't think it's a wrong idea?" I ask with a hint of uncertainty in my tone and Cate immediately scoffs and shakes her head. "You crazy. Of course not, you two are made for each other." She smiles.

"Thank god, I was so scared you would be angry or something." I giggle and Cate jokingly tickles my side. "My baby is finally liking someone, you're so grown-up." I laugh and as we walk back to the hospitality she wraps her arms around my shoulder and whispers in my ear, "Besides, I've won the bet from Pierre so he's gonna have to pay for dinner tonight. Thank you for that." I widen my eyes and turn my head, looking at her face, noticing a very bright smile.

"You made a bet about me and Lando?!"

"Yeah, of course. We always knew that you two would like each other, it's so obvious that you two are made for each other. George just thought it would take you two a little bit longer to realise that, but I knew it would happen very soon. What can I say..."

"I'm always right." "You're crazy." We burst out in laughter as we say that at the same time and while we keep giggling, we make our way into the building.

--

"Come on, Max" I whisper into my hands as I watch the big screen in the garage. Max is currently in 5th position and Carlos is doing everything he can to get past him. When I first saw the McLaren behind him, I got a bit anxious. If it was Lando, I don't know if I would've had the same reaction. It's may not be the smartest thing to do, supporting two different drivers, but considering Lando is currently 13rd, I think I'm okay for now. I do feel bad for Lando, 13rd is a position I'm sure he is not happy with, but I believe he will get there. I truly do. But right now, all my attention is reserved for Max as he is fighting with Carlos for 5th.