part 16

Luna POV

"Oh shut up, it was not that bad." Giada pouts and with her arms crossed in front of her chest, she continues walking towards the entrance of the paddock.

"Not that bad?! Girl, you almost tripped over your own feet while walking, like literally 5 times. NoT tHaT bAd, stop it." Cate laughingly jokes and wraps her arm around Giadas side and squeezes it while filling me in on what I've missed after I went to the hotel last night. Apparently, Giada had just a little too many drinks last night and according to Cate, it was hilarious. I giggle at the thought of a drunk Giada tripping over her own feet, I must have been hilarious.

Giada swats Cates upper arm and closes her eyes as she rubs her forehead, "Could you please speak a little less loudly, my head hurts so bad".

Cate laughs and shakes her head. "Isn't an F1 GrandPrix the last place you would want to go if you have a hangover? Those roaring engines, interviewers who never seem to stop talking and screaming fans all around you", Cate teasingly asks Giada and all of us start laughing.

"Why did you do this to me?" Giada whines as we scan our passes and enter the paddock.

"Wow, hold up. I know that you don't remember anything. But I'm pretty sure that I told you many times to stop drinking, but you just told me to have fun and don't be so boring. So, don't blame me now," Cate smirks and teasingly pokes Giadas side, "or next time I'll just encourage you to keep drinking, instead of trying to stop you. I'm curious how that will turn out." Giada groans and Cate bursts out in a fit of giggles.

The Ferrari garage comes into sight and Giada gives us both a quick hug before walking towards Charles' trainer, who was waiting for her to arrive.

The warm Bahrain sun burns gently on my bare skin and the wind blows through my hair, which is hanging loosely over my shoulders. The ends of my yellow summer dress dance in the wind and I hook my arm into Cates as we make our way to the Red-Bull hospitality. We both enjoy our short walk towards the building in silence and my mind wanders off to last night.

"You really are one of a kind, Luna." His lips crash onto mine with so much passion that I feel tingles all over my body. Lando pushes his tongue past my lips in a passionate kiss, one that does warm my body through my bones, fingers to my toes.

"Luna?"

My fingers sink into his slightly curly hair, my lips moulding into his so perfectly. Lando's lips are warm and plump against mine, so perfect as if they magically fit with mine like I've been waiting for him my entire life.

"Luna? Earth to Luna!" Cate's loud voice takes me out of my daydream and when I look aside and see her looking at me with a smirk and raised brows. "You were completely somewhere else. Is there something you need to tell me?" I immediately shake my head and fasten my pace as we walk towards the building. Suddenly, I feel her fingers wrapped around my wrist and we come to an immediate standstill. "Okay, you're very bad at lying. What do you have to tell me? Does this have anything to do with last night?" Cate's curiosity makes me very nervous as we're in the middle of the paddock and I really don't want a stranger hearing even the tiniest bit of a story that can cause many rumours. I grab her by the arm and pull Cate towards a quiet spot on the side of the building, hoping that nobody will hear us there.

"Luna, now you have to tell me what is going on here. What's happened?"

My brain is a debating mess of arguments as to whether or not to tell her what's going on between me and Lando. On the one hand, I know I said I want everything to be secret, I still do. But I want to talk to someone about this and I know I shouldn't go to Max, cause I know he will be angry and, here on the paddock, Cate will be the next person I trust the most. I'm sure she won't tell me anything, but that doesn't make me any less afraid of her reaction. What if she doesn't approve and tries to talk me out of it.