part 15

Luna POV

The world around us starts to spin as I relish the feeling of his lips on mine. He pulls me closer into his chest and it feels as if our bodies are merging into one.

Lando's lips are warm and plump against mine, so perfect as if they magically fit with mine like I've been waiting for him my entire life.

I guess I have.

And then he pulls back, the both of us breathing softly and in time with each other.

I wish I could see myself right now, see him and I like this... happy.

"I... I did not expect this" his voice is soft and my heart explodes in my chest as I lock my eyes with his. He chuckles softly and I see him studying every part of my face as he runs his hand softly through my hair, making my heart go crazy. I smile and lay my head against his chest and wrap my arms around his waist as I look up to the starry night sky of Bahrain.

What just happened?

We're just standing here, me wrapped up in his arms, in the middle of Bahrain loving every second of this magical moment. Lando presses his lips onto my temple and my heartbeat accelerates at feeling his soft lips on my skin.

"Do you remember that night you were so drunk and called me in the middle of the night, asking about the moon?" I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and I bury my head in the crook of his neck at the thought of that embarrassing phone-call. "I was hoping you'd forgotten that." Lando softly laughs and I can feel him shaking his head. "That is something I will never forget, but that's not my point." I look up to see him staring at the sky above us. "It reminded me of what my mum used to say to me when I went away for race weekends." He goes silent and before he continues his story, he wraps his arm softly around my neck and pulls me closer into his chest, making the butterflies in my stomach go wild.

"Look," Lando points up at the sky as we stand in the middle of a park in Bahrain. "The moon looks so gorgeous tonight, don't you think? The way it lights up the night sky, magical."

"It looks beautiful," I softly giggle at hearing his enthusiasm about the moon, resting my ear on Lando's shoulder. "When I was little and I had to get away for karting, my dad usually travelled with me so I was away from my mum for days. It was difficult, but whenever I spoke to her on the phone, she would always tell me to look at the moon and she would say to me 'can you see the moon tonight?' it was her way of telling me that I wasn't alone, that she was still with me."

I smile, watching as Lando's facial expression softens as his eyes are focused on the moon above us.

'She is still with me' those words keep repeating themselves in my head and they hurt. They remind me of my mum and no matter how many years ago the accident was, thinking about her will always hurt. Sometimes it's nice, thinking about the fun stuff we did together, but being reminded of the fact that she will never hold me again or making fun of my dad together when he did something stupid, will always make my heart ache. I swallow the warm lump in my throat and just hope that Lando doesn't notice anything.

You don't need to throw all of this on him. He needs to focus on the race, not on you.

No matter how hard I try, I can feel the first tears brimming behind my eyes and I quickly blink the tears away.

"She used to say to me, 'the moon holds all my love for you' and I usually cried to her, but I always told her how much I loved her.' Lando smiles as he tells me about his mum and something inside me breaks, causing the first tear to roll down my cheek.

For a moment I ignore trying to stay silent and with tears streaming down my face, I let out a shaky breath. Lando immediately notices and without saying a single word he pulls me closer into his chest. I bury my head in the crook of his neck and let it all out. I ignore the little voice in my head, saying this is pathetic and he doesn't need a crying little girl in his arms and the tears stream down my face.