Chapter nine: Your finally here

Start from the beginning

"Umm, we-" Karen starts but gets cut off by her youngest daughter.

"They got divorced 4 years ago or they spill up, whatever's easier for you to comprehend." Holly says getting straight to the point.

Avery look up at me with tears in her eyes and I hold her tight.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" I ask looking at my daughter, who's was currently crying into my sweatshirt.

"Are you and dad going to end up like that, not happy?" Avery asks and I give Karen and Holly fowl looks.

"What are you talking about, I would never leave your father. I love him more than anything." I say and get a grin from Avery.

"Ya, you looked really happy this morning." Avery says and her smile widens.

"That's because we were extremely happy and that's the way it's gonna stay, ok?" I say and Avery nods, while I realize Mike's probably still asleep.

"Oh, my, god. Mike!" I  screams as I run to my son's room and find both men of the house still sleeping away, somehow.

I walk over to the rocking chair and Luke wakes up. I pick up my little son and bop his nose.

"Mike wake up!?" I whisper scream, kissing his lips, cheek and even the top of his head, but he doesn't budge. So I slap him across the face, making Luke baby giggle.

"What the hell was that for?" Mike says trying to be angry, but it isn't working and it almost makes me fall over laughing.

"Mike, don't swear in front of Luke. Plus was I supposed to let you two sleep while everyone's here?" Mike stands up as explain.

"I'm sorry to you both about swearing, but we need to get back out before they tell Avery something super embarrassing about us and we'll never be able to live it down, I promise you that." Mike quietly rambles kissing me on the cheek. Next he kisses one of our son little hands and then raps an arm around me as we exit the nursery.

Once we get back to the living room and sit back down next to Avery, I notice almost everyone's mouths have dropped open and their eyes are all wide, staring at the four of us.

"W-Who's this?" Max mutters out after a couple minutes of just nothing, but staring.

"Who? Mike?" I say playfully, making Max really annoyed.

"No ya doff, the little boy in your arms." Max says pointing at little Luke.

"Oh, you mean my son." I say smiling, he's my son. Wow I still can't believe I have a son, daughter and husband it's a truly a dream.

"Your what!" All our childhood friends including, Holly and Karen yell flabbergasted.

"Son, Luke William Wheeler, he's about 2 and 1/2 months old, now." I say kissing the crown of his small head.

"Hello again, little boy." Erica says walking over to shake his little hand.

"Erica? How in the world do you know Mike and El's new little baby?" Lucas asks from his from where he's seated on the lazy boy with Nadine on his lap.

"Well, I was El's nurse the night he was born. I also come hear on my free weekends to play dnd and hangout with El and Nancy." Erica says looking over at her brother who's 4 years older than she is.

"Ok, last time I heard, Max was El's best friend and why would my little sister hang out with my friend, his wife, his sister and his kids, it just doesn't seem right." Lucas says with a look of disgust.

"Ya, I agree with Lucas, why don't you just leave Erica. No wants you anyway and you too, Daniel." Max says harshly and I'm surprised she would ever say something that rude to someone. Sure she used to bicker with Mike, but she was never that mean. I guess she changed and not for the better.