Tony sits down and continues eating. “Evie isn’t mad at your mom, Donny. They just have some… disagreements that they have to figure out. She’ll meet us at the mall later today.”

I lied. I am mad again. I’ll talk to my mom if I want to.

“What movie are we gonna see? Emily asks, breaking the tension.

“Let’s see what’s playing.” Tony pulls out his phone and both Emily and Donny jump out of their chairs and crowd around him.

“There’s… Big Hero 6, Interstellar, Ouija—

“You’re not taking them to see Ouija.”

“I’m joking mamas.” Tony rolls his eyes. “How about Big Hero 6?”

“Okay!” Donny screams.

“Do we get to get candy and ice cream again?!” Emily jumps up and down.

“Mmm.” Tony looks at his phone again. “Maybe we can just share some popcorn and bring some snacks from home?”

“Okay,” Emily hangs her head down.

Tony smiles weakly. I know it’s hurting him that he doesn’t have as much money as he used to when he was in Pandilla. Even though I’m mad at him, I hate seeing him like this.

“Why don’t you guys go get ready?” I suggest. “Donny, there’s clothes for you in my backpack. It’s in Tony’s room.” They take off towards the bedrooms and I get up to clear the dishes.

“Thanks mamas.” Tony gets up to wipe the table. “We’ll probably catch the 10 o’clock movie. Then get lunch in the mall and maybe you can—

“Tony, I don’t need you telling me what to do when it comes to my mom. This is my problem and I don’t know where you get off bossing me around. You need to back off.”

“Well, actually Evette.” Tony walks up to me. “You made this my problem when you walked to my house in the middle of the night with Donny. I’m just trying to help you out.”

I roll my eyes because I don’t know how to respond. “Whatever Tony. I’m not going over there. I’m coming with you guys to the movies.”

“No, you’re not.” Tony walks past me towards his room. “In case you forgot Evette, you didn't bring any clothes. And I know you're not wearing mine."

“Whatever, Tony. I’ll come naked. I don’t really care. I’m just not going back home.”

Tony laughs then knocks on his door. I forgot that Donny was changing in there.

“Come in!” Tony opens the door and Donny is all changed.

“You ready lil man?”

“Yess!” Donny runs to Tony and hugs his legs.

Tony laughs then peels Donny off of him. “Why don’t you go see if Emi is ready okay?”

“Okay.” Donny runs across the hallway to Emily’s room.

I follow Tony into his room and he just looks at me. We stand there staring at each other for a good minute.

“Well.” Tony motions towards the door.

“Well what Tony?” I cross my arms and plop down on the floor. "I'm not going."

"Evie. That's not fair. You know I can't move you." Tony nudges me towards the door. "Get dressed and get your stuff together."

“No,” I protest.

“You’re acting like a five year old. Hell, Emily acts better than you.”