Nine

I don't know what Dani was thinking.

I decided to ditch today too, it's Thursday. My audition is tomorrow so I'm not going on Friday either.

I rolled out of bed with a bad feeling in my stomach.

I hope Dani is ok, even though we are fighting we will eventually get over it. We always do.

I want to text her but I decide against it. She needs time to cool off too.

I go into the kitchen and there is a note for me.

At work, keep practicing.
- Mom and Dad.

I get a bowl of cereal and have some breakfast. I had a text from Nash which I got early this morning, it's eleven.

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while. Are you ok? Are we still on for Saturday?

Aw that's so cute. I text him back hoping that I don't get him into trouble.

I'm sorry, I'm ok. We are definitely still on for Saturday.

I finish my cereal, well throw it away, and go to the piano room.

I sit down and warm up with Chopin no. 2 in B flat minor. That's the classical I'm performing so why not play it?

Then I get to work on my written. I poured everything that I was feeling into that song. Dani, Nash, my past. It all just poured out of me.

I made my satisfying written piece in less than an hour and it was a total of two and a half minutes.

My limit was two to three minutes so this is pleasing.

It was noon so I looked at my phone and I got another text from Nash.

Ok good, I got nervous for a second. I'm ditching after lunch. Do you want to hang?

A little company wouldn't hurt. I reply. He says that he would be here in five minutes, I sent him my address again.

I finally decided to text Dani, I know she wouldn't go to school today. "Emotional stress" as she would call it.

Hey, I'm sorry for snapping at you. I don't want to talk about what you did. I just don't want you to do it again.

She doesn't reply so I put my phone away. I heard the door bell wring so I went to go get it.

"Hi Nash." I greet him. He comes in ad gives me a hug.

"So this is the place where the symphonies are created"

"Nash, you've been here before."

"For like half an hour and I spent it in the kitchen while Dani was changing and then we ate." He informs me.

"I'm surprised that you didn't stalk my house."

"I actually considered it." He jokes with me.

We go into the living room and I turn on the TV.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask logging onto Netflix.

"Something scary." He tells me. I nod and put on Paranormal Activity. I ended up getting scared three seconds in and clinging onto Nash like a dog who is about to take a bath.

"Scared much?" He makes fun of me.

"Oh shut up, we both know you love this." He blushes and something popped up on the screen, then I screamed and put my head into his shoulder.

After the movie ended we stayed on the couch and started talking. I liked it when we talked, it was fun.

"Ronnie I need to talk to you about something." He tells me.

"Ok?" I question.

"It's about you."

"Mhm"

"Are you...."

"Anorexic?" I finish his sentence.

"Yah." He seemed really uncomfortable talking about it.

"Yes Nash, I am anorexic. I don't eat, and when I do it's in small portions. I don't enjoy eating. It's something that I have been doing for the past two years." I tell him. He seemed a little more comfortable.

"Why do you do it?" He asks.

"That's a story for another time." I tell him.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt." He brings me in for a hug and we just sat there for a long time. I was in his lap facing him and I had my head on his shoulder. He rocked me back and forth. It kept me calm. Nash said that he had to go and he was looking forward to seeing me on Saturday.

He kissed me on the cheek and left. Not even three minutes after he left the door opened.

"I'm here!" It was Dani, of course.

"Hey Dani."

"So I got your text, and I wanted to apologize in person. Ronnie I am so sorry for putting you in that situation. I'm sorry for forcing you to be best friends with a drug dealer, and I'm sorry for being such a pain."

"Dani it's ok. I just don't want you to do it again."

"I promise I won't. I told my clients it was a one time thing."

"Who are your 'clients?'"

"The pot heads who sit outside during lunch." We both laugh and do normal teenage things, paint nails and obsess over One Direction.

"Ok did you know that your boyfriend is famous?" Dani says to me.

"He's not my boyfriend, and yes."

"Do you know how famous."

"All I know is that it's over the internet."

"Ok, it's this app called Vine, you pose six second videos about anything and he already has two million followers!"

"Holy crap!"

"Yah look." She hands me her phone with his profile.

"Oh my gosh."

"Damn girl your dating a celebrity!" We both laugh at how ridiculous that sounds and go back to normal things. Dani never let the whole Vine thing go. It doesn't really bother me I guess, as long as it doesn't change how he treats me.

I don't want it to his head that's all. He's so sweet and I wouldn't want a stupid app to change his reputation.