"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I have a terrible sense of balance and-" I was cut off by the girl grabbing the front of my shirt and yanking me up to be face to face with her.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing," She growled. Now, I know that we're in jail and everything but damn, this girl's breath was awful. It smelled like straight up asshole. So naturally, I made a face in disgust. Big mistake. "Why the fuck are you makin that face blondie? You knocked into me, now it's time to pay the price,"

The next thing that my brain was able to register was pain. But not pain from being punched, but rather pain as in I couldn't breathe. My eyes were on fire and all I could do was cough, my body furiously rejecting whatever I was breathing in. I could hear people yelling and doors being shut but the only thing that I was able to take in was the burning sensation spreading throughout my face.

I could feel someone drag me by my arm and guide me back to my cell.

Great, Jade gets to watch me struggle to breathe. She'll probably just watch me suffer and tell me to shut up.

Jade pleasantly surprised me. As soon as the door shut behind me, I felt her grab me by the elbow and take me to the sink, wiping at my eyes while I just kept coughing.

"Keep blowing your nose until you can't anymore," She said, pushing a bunch of tissues into my hands. I nodded slightly and did as she said while she kept wiping at my eyes with a wet towel. The pain was starting to lessen, but Jade pushed my head towards the sink and told me to rinse my eyes and my mouth. I have no idea how long I was bent over, but by the end of it, my shirt was dripping with water down the front and my entire face was wet. I took a deep breath and turned towards Jade.

"Thanks," I muttered, moving to wipe my face on my sleeve. Jade grabbed my arm before I could.

"There still might be tear gas on your clothes, change before you touch your face." I nodded at her slowly, confused at her sudden change of character. "What?" She snapped.

"Nothing, just uh, thanks Jade," I said, still slightly stunned with how she was treating me. She nodded once, quickly turning to lay down on her bead without another word to me. I sighed, moving to change my clothes, stuffing them in my laundry bag so I could get them cleaned tomorrow. I glanced over at Jade, unsure what to say. She was quietly staring at the bottom of my bunk, her arms crossed behind her head, and if she wasn't so standoffish with me I would think it was kind of hot. I slowly approached her, working up the courage to say something to her.

"I know this is your first time experiencing the aftermath of a fight blondie, but I can tell you that we're stuck in here for the rest of the night," She said, her eyebrow raised at me. I took a seat on the edge of her bed.

"Um, thank you," I said quickly, needing to get what I wanted to say off of my chest, "You always seem so annoyed by my presence but you still helped me," She slowly nodded and sat up so we were face to face.

"Well, I know it sucks to deal with on your own and it would be shitty of me to just watch you struggle," I smiled at that. I suppose it was a bit harsh to assume that she would just watch me struggle. She might be a bit cold to me but I don't think she's a terrible person. Unless she murdered someone. Then that would be questionable. Oh god that thought never crossed my mind. What if she's in here for a super violent crime.

"How old are you?" I asked, trying to pry a bit, considering I don't know too much about the girl.

"Uh 16. You?"

"Same," I paused, considering if I wanted to ask my next question, "If you don't want to answer that's fine but um, you're a lot nicer than the other girls here so um, what did you do?" She looked at me for a minute, probably debating on if she should tell me or not.

"I stole someone's credit card and bought a bunch shit," she said with a shrug. Thank god it wasn't something violent. "What about you?" she asked.

"It's a drug charge but I didn't really do it," I said honestly. She snorted.

"That's what they all say,"

"What?" I asked.

"Everyone says they didn't do it, but we're all here so we're all guilty enough,"

"But I didn't do it," I insisted.

"Sure blondie," she laughed, "If it helps you sleep at night,"

"You know I have a name right?" I asked, "Why do you insist on calling me blondie?" I wasn't really mad, but I could only count one time when she actually used my name.

"Because you have blonde hair and that's easier to remember than your name," I shook my head slightly.

"Do you know my name?"

"Yes," She said bluntly.

"What is it?" I challenged.

"Perrie,"

"That's not so hard, is it?" She shrugged.

"At this point blondie is easier," I shook my head and smiled a bit. She's probably still going to call me blondie.

"How much longer are you are you stuck here?" I asked.

Our conversation kept going on nicely, she sat next to me, giving me a bit of advice without being condescending. She even laughed a bit which is miles better than where we were earlier in the week. She was kind of opening up to me, which I would take over her cold attitude towards me any day. 

It all stopped when I asked her if she had any siblings. She instantly shut down the conversation and laid back down as if we weren't talking.

"Right," I muttered, leaving her alone as best as I could in the small space.

Jade is an incredibly interesting person to me. She's obviously gone through shit, we all have here. She almost refuses to open up to me, and it seems like her first reaction to anything I say is to be rude or condescending like I'm attacking her, but she seems to hold herself back. She's actively trying to be nice to me, or at least she was in our last conversation when she could easily continue to shut everyone out.

Jade is absolutely captivating and while it starts with her looks, it goes far deeper and I'm anxious to learn as much as I can about this girl. 

AN: so I don't want this section to literally just be me re-writing what I already wrote just in a different perspective, but it occurred to me that Perrie would find significance in some of the same moments as Jade so there will probably be a few chapters like this... idk if that makes sense. 

in other news I saw an absolutely disgusting twitter account basically talking about how Perrie should kill herself and I was just astounded... like I understand having biases but like lm is made up of 4 girls... so like why would you wish death upon one of them??? needless to say I reported them lmao

stay safe everyone!