Author's Note

The last time I did one of these was back in February 2018 when I finished up my six book series. I had started this trilogy back up right at the end of 2017. I had gotten into the Maze Runner fandom in 2016 and had other plans for Piper, but then learning about Group B, it felt right to group her with those characters that I feel a lot of people skip over. So, I started her story over and turned it into a trilogy as opposed to two books like I had originally planned.

Next thing I knew, I had gone through Strange Atmosphere and Wicked Atmosphere in just seven months.

I took over a year off from the last book due to college and life as well so didn't get back to it until early this year. I wondered if something was telling me to get this book done. Then, the COVID-19 Pandemic begin.

I wasn't sure how to feel writing about a pandemic during a pandemic. But I think after a while, I found a strange comfort in getting back into this story during a very scary time for a lot of people, especially for myself, when I lost my job for a month.

So here I am, trying to figure out what exactly to say about this trilogy for a final time.

Piper was a joy to write. She was the reason I decided to push myself out of the Harry Potter fandom for a bit and try to write something very different. She was a nice change from my other character that I had written for so long. In just two short years, like my other stories, of course, I became very attached.

And then there's Paris (Aris and Piper's ship name). I've grown to love them so much.

I learned a lot as a writer and as a person not just from Piper, but from the other characters in this story as well. It doesn't feel like it's been 2 years, but with the long nights and short weeks I was cranking out chapters, I can see why it went by so quickly.

So to Piper, Maeve, Esther, Gwyneth, Lillie, Aurora, and the other Glenners of Group B: thank you for being there for me and teaching me valuable lessons. While some of you girls suffered worse fates than others, I still love you, and you have a special place in my heart.

Now, onto the dedications:

First off, to microwavedcoffee for the amazing covers for book one and three and for creating Gwyneth. I love the covers and I loved writing Gwyneth. Thank you for creating her!

Also a shoutout to persephonee- for making book two's cover!

Next, to harmonyrules for the awesome trailers and for creating Esther. While her journey was cut short, I enjoyed writing her so much so I thank you for creating her. And whenever you feel inspired to do trailers again, you are welcome to do the trailer for this book, lol.

To chxrmedmedusa- for creating Maeve and Aurora and reloading- for creating Lillie. All 3 of them are amazing characters and I thank both of you for creating them.

Thank all of you again, for letting me develop and create arcs for all of these characters. Go check them all out.

Next, is arty_writes. While you are not in the Maze Runner fandom, you have put up with me going on and on and on about finishing up this book for the last few weeks (or months, maybe), so I thank you for dealing with me and my emotions, lol.

And finally, I want to thank all of you who kept going until the end. I hope you enjoyed the trilogy and Piper's journey from the Glen, to the Scorch, then to the Last City. Your votes and comments made me so happy and knowing that Piper and her friends were loved made me happy as well.

Now, the question is: Will I write another Maze Runner fic? Honestly, probably not. This fandom is a weird fandom and most of the time, it's hard to please anyone. It's also difficult to come up with an original plot for a Maze Runner fic anymore. But at least I got the chance to write one, so I am grateful for that.

So, for the final time, thank you for sticking with me and Piper until the end.

And remember: WICKED is good. ;) (Also, WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, AND STAY SAFE).

-A