Chapter Six : Moving House

Start from the beginning

     "What about that necklace?"

     "What's with the interrogation," he joked, " I found it, obviously." Stop lying. He turned away, looking at the community area. Why are you worried? Who are you hiding from me? A sudden splash came from the community area. Dipper made some weird squeak before zipping back to where he was before, us right behind him.

     "Fuck. Ouch. Sorry, Pinet-" the stranger was cut short. He had amazing hair, tan skin, and angular features, not that I'm usually one to notice face shapes. He was wearing a shirtless, with a goldish tail. He had one eye covered with bandages, but the visible eye was shockingly blue. He had a surprised expression and his body language was screaming "Go away." Dipper swam up to the boy surprisingly fast, considering how timid he was. He removed the plastic rings around the boy's hands and smacked him lightly.

     "I only said to be quiet, not to restrain yourself, dumbass. You could've gotten hurt."

     "You've got company, Pinetree." He nodded in our direction. Dipper turned and mumbled under his breath."Oh, shut up, you dick," he said jokingly to the stranger as he turned to us, even though he hadn't said anything more. "This is Bill. Bill, this is Mabel, my twin, Ethan, and Pacifica." He pointed in turn, each of us giving a small wave.

     "I've heard a lot about you," Bill said to me. Why is that name so familiar? I smiled and swam up to him.

     "I have never once heard of you, but I hope they were good things. I know I'm pretty annoying." I had an idea. "How did you meet Dipper?" They shared a nervous glance. He likes Dip-dop. It's fucking obvious.

     "He helped me out when I was attacked by a shark. So, we kinda just... kept in touch, I guess. Right, Pinetree?" He gave a smile to my twin, and I could practically feel the heat and embarrassment coming off of him. He simply nodded. "Can I talk to you for a moment, Mabel?" Stranger danger? Dipper trusts him.

     "Sure. Ocean-eyes, wait here with Ethan and Dip-dop, please. I'll be right back." I smirked slightly at her blush as we swam to the connecting stream. "Is this about Dipper?" He seemed taken aback at my boldness.

     "Yes actually. I was wondering if you would mind if I asked him out?" He looked down and breathed hard for a moment as if he wasn't used to swimming a lot.

     I smirked again. "Called it. You like him." He muttered something that sounded like "I don't have much of a choice," but I couldn't be sure. "And why would you ask me? It's not my place to say who he dates." He sighed, as if he expected that answer.

     "I know, I know. It's just... you're right. I like him. And I'm scared to say anything, even if I hope and suspect he accepts. I mean, I can't be imagining the way he looks at me right...?" He continued rambling quietly to himself. He stopped and gave a nervous chuckle. "Sorry. This must be weird, hearing someone you've never met go on and on about your twin."

     "I don't mind. It's... calming to know he has someone who cares so much for him." Considering I might be gone someday soon. "And I would say ask him. I promised not to tell anyone anything he tells me until he's sure." He nodded thoughtfully, though his eyes held a look of worry deep inside them. Who for?

     "I think you owe me some money, Billy-boy."

DIPPER'S POV

( A/N : I know the timeline may be confusing, considering I don't put dates or anything, but the beginning of this chapter was the day after Dipper's "Out of body" experience. The rest is the remainder of what happened between the conversation with Mr. Liami and Mabel meeting Bill.)