𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆.

Start from the beginning

"Chiron gave us separate activities."

Ariadne grabbed his hand, "Screw that."

She pulled him along and towards javelin-throwing class, neither wanting to be there. Her heart had sunk into her stomach, feeling sick anytime she thought of Annabeth, which was often through out the class.

While she focused and threw the javelin, landing it close to the bullseye, Percy ended up throwing it before an Are camper could jump out of the way. He successfully ripped a hole into the kid's pants while apologizing profusely, but they were kicked out.

Percy suggested they head to the pegasus stables, seeing as Ariadne has no clue how to deal with horses. He was going to try and help her but also figure out a plan to save Annabeth. On their way there, the brunette suggested they use Blackjack to fly off and find Annabeth, but neither knew where she was.

Silena was arguing with a Hunter in the stables, and as Percy was about to walk in, Ariadne steered him away so he wasn't verbally destroyed by two girls who could do so. He was confused by her actions but ultimately listens to her and they walked towards the chariot stands.

They sulked while sitting in them as she held her face in her hands, thinking of any way they could get their friend back. But she was no Annabeth or child of Athena.

Her eyes shifted to the strawberry fields covered in ice and snow, the girl itching to run over and see her brothers even though she knew they weren't there.

Chiron was conducting archery practice down at the archery fields, but she held off from talking with him. One this she had learned from her years at camp was that Chiron was like a two thousand year old nanny for all the demigods. He didn't want them to be out in danger when he didn't know all the details, and he would try to protect her and Percy as long as he could.

Her father and Argus were feeding the baby dragon that had been guarding the Golden Fleece, and she rolled her eyes at the sight of the man who she was related to.

Percy noticed her upset expression and nudges her shoulder. "What's up?"

She sighed before nodding at her dad who was walking along the hill with a look of distaste. The boy nodded before she shook her head. "I don't know why he's like that."

"You mean a drama queen who loves complaining?"

"No," she sent him a small smile. "I mean, why does he have to be so cruel towards everyone I'm friends with. Aside from me and my brothers, he hates everyone. And sometimes, I feel like he hates me."

The boy tilted his head. "Why would he hate you? I mean, he's nice to you and he's at camp, he gets your name right." He was referencing how Dionysus jacked up every campers name. Percy, for example, was known as Peter Johnson to the god.

She chuckled, "I guess. But at times, when I try to talk with him, he blows me off. It's like he doesn't care. And after everything with my mom, sometimes I just stop trying."

Percy watched as the girl looks back towards the chariot track which was now covered in snow, her hands on held out as a small vine poked through the thick layer of frozen water. The vines grows larger until it's crawling up her hand and nuzzling itself into her realm, as if it was a pet trying to get its owner's attention.

"You want a grape?"

He nodded with a smile on her face as a grape grew from the vine and into her palm. She handed it to him as he placed it into his Louth before chewing, watching as the vine twirled around her hand. "Can you, like, hear its thoughts?"

The girl raised an eyebrow, "Sometimes. It's living, so I guess. But, uh, most of the time it's just saying how much it loves me." Her hand lowered and the plant dove itself back through the snow and into the ground, disappearing from view.