Chapter 3

Nicholas P.O.V

I was in the living room speaking with Gio, when the front door opened, and in walked Sofie and Emma. Emma's eyes seemed even brighter today.

"Vlad said to give you this." Sofie gave a piece of paper to Gio, who took it. He groaned when he read it. Vlad is the leader of the Russian mafia here. Emmalin saved his life, and has become like a father to the girls. I take the note out of his hand.

Hazelnut and coffee shake. Have fun!
-Vlad.

I give him a puzzled look. "Emmalin can't handle coffee." Sofie explains.

"I can handle coffee very well, thank you very much." Emmalin says folding her arms. "Ooh, look! It's Gio!" She skips over to him, and plops down on his lap, hugging him tightly. "Oh Gio, I've missed you so very much." Gio shakes his head in amusement, and stands up, throwing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"What are you doing? Let me down, you... you... Koala!" She hits his back. 

"Koala?" I chuckle.

"Yes. Koala. Now, can you please help me?"

"No can do, angel." I wink at her.

"You know what? You're not so handsome when you're upside down." She giggles.

"You shouldn't be finding anyone handsome." Gio growls.

"Oh really? Well, I found someone really handsome the other day. Isn't that right, Sofie?" Gio's eyes snap to Sofie, who laughs nervously. Quite frankly, I would like to know who this person is. I don't like her finding anyone but me handsome. God, I sound so stupid. I can't say stuff like that. She isn't mine... Yet.

"Uh, that's right, sis. It's Noah Centineo." Sofie says.

"Who is this Noah person?" Gio asks, his eyes becoming darker.

"He's an actor. Yup, we watched his movie yesterday."

"Nuh uh. Noah Centineo isn't as handsome as the guy I'm talking about. I know this guy, and when he touched me, I felt tingles." Emma giggles. I felt tingles when I touched her. I wish she was speaking about me.

"Who touched you, princess." Gio looks furious.

"I can't tell you. It's a secret." She whispers the last part.

"Nick, can you please take Emmalin to the gym? Sofie will tell you what to do." Gio dumps Emma into my arms, and storms off.

"Wow, you have really strong muscles." She says, squeezing my biceps. Sofie is trying not to laugh, but loses the battle.

"Follow me." Sofie leads me into the gym, after scanning her card.

"Okay, so just put her on the treadmill, and wait for her to get tired." I do as she says, and Emmalin starts running.

"I don't wanna run. I wanna fight." Emma whines.

"Sorry sis, but nobody's available."

"Nicholas," Emma gives me her best puppy dog eyes, and I cave.

"Fine, but I don't want to hurt you." Sofie smirks.

"That's what they all say."

Five minutes later, and I'm flat on my back.

"I think I want to go to sleep now." Emma says.

"Are you mocking me?" Only she would have drinks with one mafia leader, then mock another.

"Um, Nick? I think she really wants to go to sleep." Sofie says. I pick her up bridal-style, and Sofie leads me to her room.

After tucking her in bed, I kiss her forehead, and walk back to the living room to say goodbye to everyone.