The Wedding Dress

Start from the beginning

I was at my home on my bed with Netflix on my laptop and a bowl full of popcorn. But all my thoughts were about Anjali and her wedding. I do feel bad for her but I can't help it. I'm totally broke now. I'm gonna spend all my money on a business wedding. A wedding that doesn't have love in it. All my career I have only seen love and affection in marriages. But this one. Well what to say rich people are always rich and always money minded. I don't understand what will they do saving that much money. At this moment I can think about only one person that understands me so much and will always have my back no matter apart from my family and Chole is my ex.
Yeah My Ex. He is an amazing guy. We were in relationship for 6 months. He wanted to go to New York for his higher studies. And we both didn't want a long distance relationship. That is the reason we broke up. Yeah I felt bad. But I recovered. He is still my friend.
I decided to call him. He picked up in 3rd ring. Not bad.
' Phone Call '
'Hey Gremlin'
Yeah he used to call me that when we were together. He still continues it.
' Hey '
I said with a sad smile.
' What happened Babe? Did someone die?'
He asked. I don't know if he is sarcastic or concerned.
'No body died. Its just... I'm..'
I stumble to talk.
' Babe you know you can tell me anything right. Just say it. '
He said
I sighed and said
' I just felt like talking to you Varun'
I could hear him smile.
' I really miss you babe.'
Here we go. Him being this sweet now I regret leaving him.
I was quite for sometime.
' What is troubling you Babe?'
See he understands me so well.
That is why I like him.
' A wedding and The bride's father.'
I said dramatically.
He laughed and said.
'Come on Babe a wedding is like a piece of cake for you.'
' Not if the father is your dad's financer and your father owes him money and you have to pay him by planning his daughter's wedding with your money.' I said in a shot.
' Breath babe when will you ever stop talking so fast?. But really you accepted doing that? That's crazy. Tell me babe how can I help you?'
I sighed and said
' Some motivation can help. '
He laughed and said
' My baby gremlin.. you are gonna be fine. After this wedding you are gonna get lot of offers and you are gonna get back your money. Don't lose hope and don't let your self down. Remember everything is gonna be okay. You hear me? '
His voice was so soft. Like he was wishpering into my ears. He is so amazing.
' I miss you too.'
I said with a shy smile.
' I know babe call me anytime. Just because I'm not your boyfriend anymore that doesn't give you the right to forget me okay.'
' Okay Sir '
I said teasingly.
With that I disconnected the call.
He never uses the bye word. He always says that bye means goodbye forever and he doesn't like it. Yeah we were in relationship but we never told I love you to eachother. Maybe that's for the best. This long distance is killing me. After the call I slept peacefully.

I got up early in the morning. I went to the gym to work out after that I took a long shower and dressed in a black crop top and denim high waist and let my hair loose. I locked my apartment and made my way to my office.

As I enter I heard Esha's chearful voice. " Good morning Sparkle."
I looked at her and she had a bright smile. Hmm nice start of the day. " Morning Esha."
"There is no bad in adding good in morning." I heard that behind me. I turned back to see Chole coming with some files in her hand.
" There no good in morning. I hate mornings." I said. Chole came to me and pat my head and said "Poor baby." and laughed.
I rolled my eyes and walked in to my office. I had to make some calls to clarify few this from my other clients. It was 11 am when Raghu walked into my office.
" Monkey on work. Nice to view."
He said laughing and sat on the chair opposite to me.
" Yeah Gorilla morning to you too."
I said teasingly. He laughed at me.
" Your such a kid. "
" Coffee?" I asked him and left my office phone to call Esha. But he intrupted me " I already had in the morning."
I kept the phone aside and yelled for Chole. She came into my office with a annoyed look but when she saw Raghu she went back to her office and came back with file.
She put them in front of Raghu and said " Here you go Greek century guy." She said. I laughed at her.
" One day I'm gonna get back to you both. And mark my words that day is gonna be the best day in my life." He said pretending to be serious.
Me and Chole were already laughing. And he joined us. Time passed and we were still talk random things.
That is when Anjali walked into my office. As I saw her I looked at my watch. It was 12.55pm. Ohh 5 mins early. Good. I introduced her to Raghu and said she was the bride.
He smiled at her and said " Nice to meet you Anjali. Here is my card call me if you want any changes in the plan. Okay. " He gave his card to her and walked out of my office.
Before going he said "Bye monkeys" . " Get lost " Chole said with her irritated voice.
"So ready?" Anjali asked with a cheerful voice. " Yeah lets get going or else we will be stuck in traffic."
Chole said.
We left in Chole's car. She was driving , I was seated at the passenger seat and Anjali was at the back seat. We all were awfully quite. I was asleep all through the ride.
Just when I felt like i just slept, Chole woke me up.
I took a deep breath and got out the car. I looked at the store
Happy Wedding and sighed.
Here goes nothing. I pushed the door open and walked in followed by Chole and Anjali.