Chapter (41): Taming The Shrew

Start from the beginning

"... Yesterday they were having a party at her house and... I overheard her conversation with April about how she despises the 'Working Class' and trust me you should have heard her last night"

"Ouch" he said and Danni shook her head. "And then what happened?"

"She tried to explain to me why she said those words but I was too upset to even listen"

"Did you ever think why she said those words?"

"No, her words were clear to me"

"I know but you said she was with her friend and as far as I know the only people who know about the two of you is me"

"And Ben" she said.

"Wait, Ben knows?" She nodded. "Wow. Okay, that's not our topic now. What I'm trying to say is maybe she said those words to convince her friend that there was nothing going on between you two because you don't want anyone to know yet"

"I don't know" She shrugged. "But she could've said something else, more politely without hurting our dignity"

"I completely agree with you, but just think about what I said"

He squeezed her shoulders and turned around but stopped once he saw Avery entering the garage and looking around for Danni.

"Hey, Danni" He grabbed her attention and pointed at Avery.

She indeed saw Avery looking like a lost puppy and their eyes finally met. Avery walked to her and Danni stood up from the ground, turning to leave.

"Can I talk to you?"

"I don't know, can you?"

"Danni" She pleaded.

Danni turned around and looked her in the eyes. "Leave! You don't belong her with the working class. Weren't those your words last night?"

"Listen to me" she said.

"I don't want to listen to anything. Just go"

She left her alone and went to work under a car but Avery didn't give up and followed her, and bent down on her knees to see her face and talk. Danni released a heavy sigh from beneath the car on feeling blue eyes looking at her.

"I'm busy, Avery" she said focusing on her work.

"I'm not leaving till you listen to what I have to say"

"And I'm not talking to you" she said as her eyes were fixed on bringing the tools.

Avery left from under the car and left the garage. Danni saw her leave and felt relieved but at the same time she didn't want her to leave.

"What did you do now?" asked Josh.

"Nothing"

"Danni" he said.

"What? Look, I'm busy now. So just leave me alone"

He sighed, knowing that she was stubborn and won't listen to anybody. "Suit yourself"

Two and a half hours later, Danni was on her lunch break, she was eating with Noah and drinking soda. Suddenly she heard someone whistle, so she searched the sound and it was coming from Noah. She followed his eyes and saw Avery coming again to the garage but this time, she was wearing hot shorts and white tank top and a confident look on her face.

"What the actual...?" said Danni.

"Who is that chick?" said Noah and Danni turned to him with a glare.

"Back to work"

"Bu-"

"I said back to work!" she said sternly.