⑨You're Asking For It

Börja om från början

"Why is my face stupid?" Jeongguk questioned, huffy, a deep frown sweeping over his traits.

"It just is."

The younger drew in a mouthful of air as a moment of silence rolled by. "Can you just get in?"

"Will you shut up if I do?"

"Yes."

And with that, Taehyung uttered a few profanities as he walked towards the car and got inside. "Happy?"

"Very," he sneered, and the other could only grunt at his provocative behavior. Well, not that he was any better than him in that matter, but that wasn't important.

Silence veiled them as Jeongguk drove towards his apartment. He didn't have anything to say to him. All he could think was about Jeongguk's dad. Although he never had parents, he could understand how hard it must have been for him to lose a family member.

"You didn't have to, um, get me those things," Taehyung voiced out, unsure.

Jeongguk maintained his blank expression, his eyes glued to the road, and his lips firmly pressed together.

"I'll definitely pay you back. It might take a while, though," he added as he peeked at him.

Jeongguk clutched the wheel, irritated by what he just said, but still not a word left his mouth.

"I have other things to take care of first. I hope it's okay." His brows knitted in a confused frown at his silence. He fixed his gaze on him and waited patiently, but it didn't seem like Jeongguk was going to say anything. "Why aren't you answering me?"

"You told me to shut up."

"And since when do you listen to me?"

Well, Taehyung was right. Jeongguk only obeyed his hyungs' words. It was unusual even for him to actually obey someone else's request.

"You want me to answer you?"

"Yes."

"No, it's not okay because I don't need you to pay me back. I have enough money to buy a damn hospital, why would I care for €50?"

His inflammatory, arrogant words reshaped Taehyung's pout to a vicious scowl. "Rubbing your money to my face is really petty, you know," he hissed in a stew.

"You're asking for it."

Taehyung huffed at his remark and folded his arms over his chest as he sank in his seat, gazing out the window. "Why can I barely see outside?" he murmured in bafflement.

"It's tinted glass."

"Then open the window."

"No, it's cold."

"And what, are you afraid you'll catch a cold?"

"Just look straight ahead and stop nagging me. We're almost there, anyway."

"I know that," he said almost inaudibly, but he received a glare as Jeongguk managed to hear him.

The rest of the ride was deadly silent between the two. Taehyung couldn't help but dwell on why was that CEO such an obnoxious person. Did money turn him into a cold, curt person?

Once they arrived, Jeongguk parked outside of the building and exited the car, leaving Taehyung puzzled by his actions. He shrugged it off and opened his door a moment later, holding his crutches in one hand. He attempted to get out of the car, but that didn't seem to work as he fell in a heap into his seat.

"Give me your crutches."

"I can do it, I just need to—" He piped down as Jeongguk neared him with one stride and wrenched the crutches away from him. Taehyung cast him a death glare as he squeezed his lips into a thin line in vexation. He didn't want to strike as a helpless kid in front of that rich CEO, but he couldn't do anything about it.