⑨You're Asking For It

Start from the beginning

"You can't carry that and hop on your leg, Taehyung."

"Ten asked for my help."

"He asked you to do something you can't possibly do, so take your hands away from that tray." Jeongguk's voice was sharp and rigorous.

"I can do it." He slid the tray closer to him then.

"Inguk!" Jeongguk called loud enough to attract everyone's attention as he snatched the tray, keeping it in place.

"What?" Inguk made an appearance soon enough. "What are you guys doing?" He peered at the two boys who were holding the tray, baffled.

"Take this inside," Jeongguk said as he pushed the tray to him.

"Taehyung, were you planning to bring this inside?"

"Yes," the CEO answered before the other could say anything.

"You can't do that with one leg, Tae," Inguk uttered with a tight-lipped smile as he picked up the tray and went to the kitchen.

"Why are you always meddling in what I do?" Taehyung snarled as he crossed his arms, a scowl embellishing his features.

"So what, I should just let you do stupid things in front of my eyes and stay quiet?"

"It's my life, anyway."

"Whatever, I don't care."

Taehyung stayed mute while he finished what he had to do. "I'll leave if you don't need anything else," he said to Inguk, who just walked out of the kitchen.

"Go rest, Tae." Inguk gave the boy a small hug, which the other accepted happily.

"Thank you, hyung." He offered him a mellow smile before he dawdled towards the exit without sparing a glance at the CEO.

"Why do you even let him work?" Jeongguk murmured.

"He needs the money, Kook. And why do you care so much, anyway?"

"I don't care."

"Sure," he snickered. He felt his pager buzz and swiftly headed to the kitchen. Once he returned, Jeongguk paid for his takeout. "Thank you, Kook."

"See you tomorrow, hyung," he said and strolled off. The moment he exited the cafe, his eyes fell on Taehyung, who was waiting to cross the street. He stood still and spectated as the boy traipsed with his crutches towards a bus stop.

With a deep sigh, he made his way to his car and got inside. He started the engine and drove to the bus stop Taehyung was at. He rolled the window down and laid his eyes on him, his expression somber.

Taehyung noticed the fancy car right away, and his eyes popped when he realized who the driver was.

"Get in."

"What?"

"Are you deaf? I said get in."

"No, go away," Taehyung spat out in a burst of annoyance as he whisked his gaze away.

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"Why are you? I said no."

"Why can't you accept someone's help?"

"I don't want to accept your help. There is a difference," Taehyung shot back in a rather taunting manner, eliciting another frustrated groan from him.

"It's nothing for me to give you a ride."

"And it's nothing for me to throw my crutch straight to your stupid face."