⑧What Are You Doing Here?

Start from the beginning

"What does it look like?" Taehyung shot back with disdain, raising a snide brow at him. "Working."

Jeongguk tsked as he rolled his eyes. "I can see that, the question is why."

"That's a rather stupid question," Taehyung snickered as he flashed him a derisive, incendiary smile. "To make money."

"You can't possibly work with a broken leg."

"First, it's not broken, and second, as you can see, I can."

"That's not something you should be proud of. You should be home doing nothing and not be here working."

"Well, given my state"—he mimicked his words from yesterday as he pointed to himself—"I can't just stay home and do nothing. I need to work so I can survive."

Every trace of annoyance or scorn fell from Jeongguk's face then as he glanced away for the first time since he walked into the cafe. "If you're working, why don't you have enough money to rest for a week or something?"

"Why do you even care? Just leave me alone," Taehyung mumbled, vexation cloaking his entire face. Why would he sit there and talk to Jeongguk out of all people about his debt and hospital bill? The only thing that would happen was to receive that look of pity from him as well.

"Jeongguk, sorry, I was busy." Inguk emerged from the kitchen. "What are you eating today?"

The ferocious scowl that flashed up onto his traits by Taehyung's words and tone remained unfaltering as he darted his gaze at his hyung. "Bibimbap."

"What's wrong with you?"

"Just having a bad day." Jeongguk shrugged as he peeped at Taehyung, who was just sitting behind the bar, staring at his hands.

"I feel you. Do you want a beer or something? It's on the house."

"Yeah, thank you. And I'll eat here too."

"No, he won't," Taehyung blurted out as he shot him a glower.

"Why not?" the CEO questioned with a snicker. "And since you're working"—his voice was cram-full of derision—"get me a beer."

Taehyung was beyond furious at that moment and truly strove to tame his boisterous nerves. He was ready to move when Jeongguk's low, guttural voice rang in his ears. "Inguk, get me my usual."

Inguk was outright baffled about what was happening, but he grabbed a beer from the fridge and placed it in front of the CEO before going back to the kitchen.

Taehyung rose from his seat when a customer neared the bar. "Hello, what would you like?"

"How about your number?" the seemingly young boy asked with an alluring, flirty tone, making Taehyung's eyes pop in astonishment.

He wasn't used to people hitting on him, even though it happened more often than he could even believe. He never thought he was that beautiful; he thought he was just average and that was why he wouldn't flirt back usually.

But to be honest, that boy in front of him was quite handsome. Just his enticing, persistent gaze on him brought a tinge of red on his cheeks, and he had to glance away.

With a deep pull of fortifying air, he chose to flirt back just for once. "The cast didn't scare you off?" His voice was scarcely audible and a dram hesitant, but he at least managed to say what he wanted.

"This cast doesn't stop you from being unbelievably gorgeous," he said with a smirk as he leaned against the counter, inching closer to him.

Taehyung giggled as he tossed his head down, timid, and the dark brown-haired boy, who observed the scene in depth, rolled his eyes skywards at his behavior.