⑥You Sure Know How To Brag

Start from the beginning

"Jeongguk, your order is ready," Inguk informed when he felt his pager buzz.

"Have Ten to serve it here."

Inguk snorted at his words and retreated to the kitchen to prepare his food since they had already wrapped it up.

"So yes, my company is all about cars, but we have many connections in literally everything."

Taehyung huffed a muted laugh and lowered his head in an attempt to hide his sneer. It felt like that stupid CEO — as he thought at the moment — was bragging to them and couldn't help but get irritated.

"Something you'd like to say?" Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at his grimace.

And Taehyung cast him a disdainful look. "You sure know how to brag."

"I'm just stating the facts. If the truth sounds like bragging to you, it's your problem," Jeongguk shot back, voice thick with scorn and confidence.

"What is happening exactly?" Jimin asked with furrowed brows as he glanced back and forth at the two boys.

"Nothing." Jeongguk flashed him a kind smile. "Our company helps people who want to open their own business. We just ask for half of the earnings of the first year only. And of course, it's a win-win situation because we will help you build your customer base."

The boys took a moment to let everything the CEO just said sink in. "Isn't half of the earnings a little too much?" asked Taehyung.

"Good question," he said with a taunting smirk, and his sneering tone only fueled Taehyung's distaste for him. "We will invest a lot of money. If something goes wrong or if it turns out to be a flop, we will lose all the money we invested. Your friend won't lose anything."

"But why is your company doing that?" Jimin asked, still confused.

And Jeongguk just shrugged. "It's boring only dealing with one thing. We have enough money to make investments in everything we want. And if things go well, we will make a lot of money out of it. You can think of it as charity."

"We don't want your charity," Taehyung tossed off, annoyed.

"Wait, I want his charity," Seokjin said with a small voice. "I mean, half of the earnings is a little too much, but since you'll help me build my customer base and I won't lose money, I'm in."

"And don't forget that it's half of the earnings of the first year only," Jeongguk added.

"Have you done this before?"

"Of course. Many times since I started handling the company." Jeongguk's food finally arrived then.

"Why would I trust you?" Seokjin questioned, still doubtful about the whole thing.

The CEO shot him a bored look. "I'm a billionaire. Why would I waste my time talking to you if it was just a scam? I don't need your money. But you need mine."

"Well, he has a point," Jimin said with a light chuckle.

"Relax, we won't sign anything yet. Just think about it and come to my office with a lawyer if you want to. My lawyer is going to be there too and explain everything in detail. Don't make any rash decisions."

Seeing how smooth and nonchalant he was with his speech, Seokjin could tell it wasn't the first time he had a conversation like this. "I'll think about it."

"Everything good?" Inguk sat at his previous spot as he didn't have a lot of customers at the moment.

"Yeah, Jeongguk helped us understand some things." Jimin smiled as he glanced at him.