Chapter 7

Leo's POV

When I woke up the next morning, Kate was still asleep. Her head lay on my belly. I looked right into her face. She looked peaceful, when she was sleeping. Almost more beautiful than she was, when she was awake. It didn't look like she had been crying last night at all.

Suddenly, she opened her eyes. I smiled at her "Good morning, sweetheart.", I said. She took my hand. "Was it just a nightmare?", she asked. I shook my head. She closed her eyes again. I knew she was going to cry if I didn't do anything. I caressed her cheek. "Time to get up now. I'll make us some nice breakfast.", I said. She sat up and looked at me. The dark circles under her eyes betrayed how exhausted she was. "Okay.", she said. I kissed her forehead and went downstairs to make breakfast.

Kate's POV

So there I was. Alone in this room. I was so tired and I had a headache. I was going to pick Bear up later that day. I had no idea how to explain to him, why daddy wasn't at home, why daddy was never going to live here again. I got up from the bed and walked towards the picture window to look outside. It looked like it was going to be a rainy day. 'Great.', I thought, 'Rain will make me even more depressed.'

I walked into my walk-in closet to get dressed: a baggy, light pink jumper and some black jeans. Then I went downstairs to smell the lovely scent of coffee and scrambled eggs. When Leo noticed me, he smiled. "Morning.", I said and kissed his cheek. Then I lay the table and sat down.

While we had breakfast, Leo asked me: "So what's on today?" "I'm going to pick Bear up. He's been staying at my parents' over the weekend.", I answered, "Would be nice if you joined me." I was actually hoping he'd say 'yes', because I didn't know if I could make it without him. He was the only one who could really comfort me, I knew that. "I'd love to. I haven't seen your parents in ages!" Leo loved my parents and they loved him. They always have. They'd only met him twice, but they really loved him. And I was glad they did. "Great", I said, "We'll have lunch with them, too. I'm sure you'll like it. My mum is the best cook!" "Just like you.", he said, making me blush. "I have no idea how to explain it to them...", I told him. He looked at me worriedly. "You'll see, you'll find the words."