Chapter 30

Kate's POV

Leo and I tucked Bear in together that night and he asked Leo to read a bedtime story to him. Of course he couldn't say no, so he read his favourite story to him. Eventually, Bear fell asleep. Leo gently kissed his forehead, not wanting to wake him. Then he took my hand and we left Bear's room together. As soon I had closed the door, Leo spun me around and started kissing me passionately. He lifted me up against the wall and began to remove my clothes. "Baby, we can't do this here.", I whispered. Leo looked a little disappointed. "Where do you suggest I screw you then?", he asked, trying to be as quiet as possible. I gave him a cheeky smile, "Let's grab some blankets and pillows and have a sleepover downstairs." Leo's eyes got wide when I said that. He took my hand and we went and grabbed everything we needed, then went downstairs together where we pitched our camp in the living room.

I laid down on my back and Leo hovered over me. "Kiss me, baby.", I whispered, smiling at him like the moment I fell in love with him. Within less than a second I felt Leo's tongue in my, mouth and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt Leo get hard on my leg. After a while he stopped kissing me and I watched him taking his clothes off. Then he went on to remove the rest of my clothes. He did it slowly and carefully as if I were a fragile little flower. Once I was fully undressed, he couldn't take his eyes off my body. "Gosh, you're so gorgeous, Katie!", he whispered. It was hardly audible but I heard it anyway. "Oh stop it!", I said, rolling my eyes and laughing at the same time, "Do you just want to stare at me all night or do you want to screw me now?" He laid down on top of me. "Of course I want to screw you.", he whispered before he started kissing me again. I wrapped my legs around his body and all of a sudden I felt Leo inside me.

My head was resting on Leo's chest. He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed the top of my head every now and then. I was half asleep when Leo's phone rang and it made me jump. "Baby, I told you to turn your phone off!", I said, rubbing my eyes. He gave me an apologising look and then went and picked his phone up. He went to the kitchen so I couldn't hear what the conversation was about. After a few minutes he came back to the living room. He looked a little flustered. "What's wrong? Who was that, darling?", I asked as he was sitting down next to where I was laying. "That was my agent. I have to go back to LA for two weeks." I didn't know what to say. I just shook my head. "No, Leo! You said you wouldn't leave me again! You broke your promise to me, Leo!" He tried to take my hand but I pulled away and looked down. "Kate, please! Don't be like that. I have to go. I don't have a choice.", he said, trying to make me accept the fact that we would have to spend another two weeks apart. I shook my head again, "I don't think I feel like talking about this now." I got up and I was about to go to the bathroom. "How are you going to go two weeks without seeing this?", I said pointing at my body. Leo didn't answer so I just went and locked myself in the bathroom. I heard Leo follow me. He was standing in front of the door. "Katie! Baby, please open the door! You think I want to leave you for two weeks?", he said. I knew he would not leave. I started crying, I couldn't help it. I had just gotten my Leo back and now he would have to leave again. "Why didn't you just say no if you don't want to go?", I said, wiping my tears away. He sighed loudly, "That was impossible. Kate, there are certain things I can't decline, you know?" I managed to pull myself together and stopped crying. "You know, maybe you just stay in LA then. Maybe we need a break." I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were all red. "What? Katie, of course we don't need a break! I love you! You know that!", he was almost yelling. I sighed. "I don't feel like talking to you right now, Leo. Please leave.", I replied. "Oh come on, Kate! Why are you being so stubborn?" That was enough. I was so fed up with Leo, I tore open the door. "I am being stubborn?!", I yelled. "Yes you are, Kate! This is part of my job! And I'm sorry I told you I wouldn't leave again, but sometimes things come up unexpectedly!" I just felt like crying again. "Well, I'm sorry I love you so much, I don't want you to leave again!" Before I knew it, our lips were fused together. But I pulled away immediately. "Don't kiss me! Do I look like I'm in the mood to make out with you right now?!", I said, crossing my arms, "I don't think I want to sleep with you tonight. You should just go sleep on the couch, Leo." And he did as I told him. "I love you Kate, you know?", he said, turning around one last time before he went to sleep. "Whatever.", I said, looking away from him. I stood there for a while until I decided to just go to sleep as well. I went and laid down on the floor where we had put our blankets. I took Leo's pillow, buried my face in it, and just started crying. I felt bad for slapping him. He deserved much better than that. Eventually, I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night. Leo was laying next to me and he took me in his arms. "I'm so sorry, baby.", he whispered, placing a kiss on my forehead, "I just couldn't let you go to sleep upset." I sighed. "I'm sorry, too.", I said quietly, "I didn't mean to slap you. Can you forgive me?" I knew he was smiling even though it was completely dark and I couldn't see anything. "You are already forgiven.", he said with his soft, loving voice. I took his face in my hands and kissed him where I had slapped him. "I love you, Leo. I'm sorry I didn't say it back before." He just kissed my lips tenderly. "Hey baby, can we have some make-up sex?", he murmured. I chuckled, "Maybe tomorrow. For now, I just want you to hold me." And he held me even tighter in his arms. We lay there in silence for a long time. I just listened to his slow and even breaths. "When exactly do you have to leave, darling?", I asked after a while. "In a week. We have enough time to spend together before I have to go." I smiled and kissed him gently. Leo ran his hand up my back and put it on the back of my neck and kissed me more passionately. "No more sex tonight, baby.", I murmured. Leo stopped, "What? I can't just kiss my beautiful sexy Katie?" I was blushing. "You're flattering me, Leo.", I said smiling. "Good. That's what I wanted to achieve."

I don't know how it happened, but somehow we did end up making love again that night. It was probably one of the best nights of my life. Up until then, at least...