Chapter 20

Kate's POV

A week later, Leo's suitcase was packed, waiting to be taken back to LA. The mere thought of not seeing Leo for such a long time made me want to cry. I got used to seeing him everyday; we'd spent more than three months together. We had grown closer than we'd ever been before.

I grabbed my car keys from the key rack. "Ready for school?", I asked Bear. He nodded. "Okay. Time to say 'bye' to uncle Leo. You won't see him for a while, dear.", I said. Bear hugged Leo tightly. "Bye, uncle Leo.", he said. Then he whispered something into Leo's ear, and Leo nodded. I didn't understand what Bear said. It made me really curious, so I asked him on our way to school: "Darling, what did you tell uncle Leo earlier?" "It's a secret, mummy. I can't tell you!", he replied sweetly.

I arrived back at home to see Leo checking on his luggage. "Got everything?", I asked. "Yeah, I was just checking.", he replied, "How was the school run?" "Well, Bear said you two share a little secret.", I said, grinning. "We do! But I can't tell you, Katie. Sorry." The grin on my face disappeared. "I see.", I said.

Leo's driver arrived at 1 PM. We were sitting on the couch, talking, when we heard the car horn. I looked down, trying to hold the tears back. "I guess that's it for now.", I said. Leo cupped my face. "Katie, it's just for one or two moths. Always remember that!" He kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes. I nodded. "You should go now. You mustn't miss your plane.", I said, trying to smile. We stood up. Leo let the driver put his luggage into the car.

It was a long hug. I just couldn't let go of him. "I love you, Katie.", he said. "I love you, too.", I replied, finally letting go of Leo. We heard the car horn again. I opened the door. Leo stepped outside. "One or two moths.", I said. "One or two moths.", Leo repeated. He kissed me briefly. "See ya.", he said. Then he turned around and walked towards the car. I took a deep breath and closed the door behind me. Then I saw it: Leo's phone was lying on the couch. I grabbed it and ran outside. He was about to close the car door. "Leo, wait!", I shouted. He got off the car again. "You forgot your phone.", I said. "Thank you, Katie." He gave me a hug and turned around to get on the car again. "Wait!", I said, walking towards him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "We'll continue where we left off as soon as you're back.", I said. "What do you mean 'where we left off'?", he asked confused. I kissed Leo passionately. He hesitated at first, but then he kissed me back, pulling me closer. It was me who ended our kiss. "I love you! Now get on the car, don't miss your plane!", I said. "I love you, too, Katie. You really don't make it easy for me." I chuckled. Then Leo opened the car door and smiled at me one last time.
I gazed after the car until it was out of sight.