two

6 months later

"Mikey!" Ivy yelled up the stairs from the kitchen, "Where are the cranberries?"

"I don't know, chef!" Mikey called back, "I can't find my pants!"

"You can never find your pants! I'm surprised you're going to even put any on!"

"I have class in 10 minutes!"

"That's not my fault! I don't have class for another 3 hours!"

Michael had moved in as Ivy's roommate only 2 weeks after he had left that message on her machine and she had phoned him back the next morning. They went to the same college: Ivy taking culinary and Mikey taking astronomy. The first time they had met in person, Mikey had complimented her on the parts of her wavy, dark brown hair that were purple and she had laughed at his bright red hair; since then, they had become good friends. Ivy thought Mikey was hot but she wasn't interested in him like that and he had a girlfriend; not a girl who Ivy would exactly consider a "friend" but there was nothing she could do about that.

Mikey ran past Ivy, grabbed the food that she had made for him off of the counter and mumbled a "thank you" even though he was carrying his shoes by holding the laces between his teeth. He attempted to put his socks on, grab his bag and balance his food on his knee all while still carrying his shoes in his mouth. As Mikey was running - well, hopping - around the apartment, the door was wide open and Ivy noticed that their neighbour across the hall's door was wide open too.

"Get a job, Quiff!" Ivy called into the open door across the hall. A tall boy with a quiff and a lip ring on his smile stuck his head out the door.

"Make me breakfast, Plant!" he smirked and went back to doing whatever he had been doing involving a guitar.

"Bye, Ivy, I'm going to be late, thank you for breakfast, you're the best and I'll see you tonight," Mikey rambled as he tried to close the door behind him.

"Bye, Mikey! You're welcome, see ya tonight!" She yelled back, "Oh and Mikey, slap Quiff on your way out!" she smirked because she knew the boy across the hall had heard her.

"Will do!" Mikey laughed in response, "See ya, Luke!" which was Quiff's real name.

"Later, Mike! Let Plant know that she's just jealous of me," Luke called to Mikey as he ran down the hall.

Luke and Ivy had known each other for over a year; ever since Ivy had moved in across the hall from Luke who had moved into the same apartment building 3 weeks before. Their friendship was built on a solid foundation of making fun of each other, throwing things at each other and that one time they played Mario Kart on Luke's Wii but Ivy had beat him in every single race.

Ivy actually loved being away from home; she visited her parents twice a month but with her older brother away at school in Ireland, she loved having Michael and Luke around; she saw them as brothers.

Luke peeked his hair into Ivy's door this time instead of out of his own,

"Seriously though, would you mind making me breakfast? My microwave is broken."

"Of course," Ivy laughed, she didn't mind at all. She loved cooking and she loved having Luke around, in fact, she wanted to keep him around because she didn't know what she was going to do for three hours before class started,

"Do you want coffee, Quiff?"

"No thanks," Luke shook his head, "I don't like coffee."

"What? Are you serious?" Ivy was shocked because she drank at least two cups a day, "When was the last time you tried it?"

"Well," Luke thought about it, "when I was like six." Ivy stared at him blankly.

"You have to try it again," Ivy insisted, "I'll make you some."

"No, I don't want any, honestly," Luke pleaded.

"You'll have to try it eventually, Quiff," Ivy said as she continued making breakfast, "you've decided to be friends with a culinary student," she looked up at him, "and you live right across the hall from her."

~

A/N: so this was kinda short also I probably won't update this often in the future but I really wanted to get it started.
I've already started to ship Ivy and Luke... Whoops. :P