eight

"Throw it over here, mate!" Calum yelled to a boy on the other side of the room who was making paper airplanes. The professor had stepped out for 2 minutes and naturally the class was already chaos. Ivy rolled her eyes at the obnoxious boys who were now standing on tables, she wasn't in the mood for this. Honestly, she just missed Mikey and Luke had been so busy lately which had left her feeling pretty lonely.

A few days had past since Ivy and Mikey's phone conversation. Ivy had obviously seen Mikey around, I mean, you can't exactly avoid the person that you share an apartment with, but they hadn't spoken. She missed hearing about his day and playing video games with him, it seemed ridiculous that they had hardly even looked at each other for almost 3 days now.

Ivy watched as Calum crumpled up paper airplanes and threw them one after another at a pretty girl that was chewing gum in the row in front of them. She turned around and gave him a "what the fuck do you want" look but he just winked at her, causing her to glare at him before turning around again.

"Shit, shit, she's coming!" someone yelled and everyone scrambled to their seats. Sure enough, in walked the professor and she resumed talking as if she had never left. There were only about 20 minutes left of class when she started talking, in her monotone voice, about something that interested Ivy,

"Okay, now that we've wrapped up the learning part of this program, it's finally time for more hands-on culinary experience," she paused and placed a stack of papers on the table in front of her, "you will be finding yourselves working at a food business. You most likely will not be paid because the employers will be informed that this is for a student credit. Please take one of these papers on your way out and start thinking about the location that you would like to be working. Since I know you all live in different places around the city, this map," she picks up one of the papers and waves it in the air," will show you the food locations closest to you. There will be 4 more in-class discussions before you begin your job, just to help you organize. That is all," the professor went to sit back down in her desk and class was over.

Calum turned to Ivy, "This is pretty cool actually, it'll beat sitting in this classroom, that's for sure."

"Mhmm," Ivy nodded at him, still not in the best mood.

"Where do you live anyway?" he asked, not noticing her bad mood.

"The red brick apartment building with the weird Ivy on the front, people usually make fun of me for living there since it's famous for it, it's pretty close by."

"Oh yeah, I know that one! You're really close to that coffee shop on Second Street, then!" Calum looked proud of himself, like he had chosen Ivy's career path for her.

That's the only coffee shop that she ever goes to. That's the coffee shop where Ashton works.

"Yeah, I go there all the time," Ivy replied without looking at him, her mind lost in thought.

"I went there for the first time just last week and I sorta know one of the guys that works there."

"You do?" she asked almost too quickly.

"Yeah, I mean, I only knew him for the beginning of high school, but he's cool. His name is Ashton Irwin, I think," Calum said in an unsure voice, "he was one of those kids that didn't seem to talk much because he was always distracted by something, you know? But I didn't even see him much so what do I know"

"Yeah," Ivy felt something spark inside of her, a sense of curiosity maybe. Her mood was slightly improved and she was pretty sure she knew which location she would be choosing to get her culinary credit.

~

A/N: I'm so bad at updating, I am so sorry. Also, I don't really know anything about how college/uni classes work but it's my fic so I'll do what I want. I'm sorry this is short and I'm sorry that I never update. Thank you for not hating me ily