Chapter 1- an annoying fish boy destroys my house

Percy had an aquarium and a lovely 2 story house built near the ocean and a boat ramp. Her own boat was parked parallel to my house. It was until that day when the kiddie team interrupted her monster-free afternoon...

It was just an ordinary day until Kaldur'ahm crashed into her house. That was when I knew my father would be angry.

Not only had the kiddies league destroy my house, but they destroyed my amazing aquarium. Like come on, destroy my house but do not, and I say do not touch my aquarium. It is a great place, although that kinda slightly biased. My aquarium brings tourists and demigods from all over America to visit Happy Harbour, and it means that I have the best job ever.

Demigods know it isn't like the Phorcy's aquarium, where he tried to drown me, like honestly what kind of idiot tries to drown the sole daughter of Poseidon. My aquarium is my life, my father and the Hephaestus cabin helped me build it, white and bright, with marble columns lining the glass enclosures. I personally care the sea creatures, using them to educate mortals against excessive littering and plastic pollution, and being able to talk to them is never a downside unless I'm trying to get some writing work done, dam dyslexia.

King Orin wanted me to live in Happy Harbour, and my dad told me to live there. Something about keeping an eye on the 'teenage wannabe heroes'. However I never signed up to have my boat thrown at my broken house, my aquarium damaged and my way of life destroyed. I knew that King Orin did not tell Kaldur'ahm  So here I am, watching the kiddie league get destroyed by this cyclone robot who looks like a total dweeb.

Man, I really don't know what to do, should I confront Kaldur'ahm, ignore them completely, iris message Orin or step in and save them. I'll just wait until after they leave, because I know that they will leave the mess for the mortal police to clean up their damages, multiple broken buildings, some decimated boats and one irreplaceable aquarium that I will need to call in a few godly favours to get fixed up.

Ughhh, I really have to go and visit camp, and threaten to throttle Orin in an Iris message because the put me in this predicament. 'Godly benefits', sure dad, you just want me out of your hair.

Later
O'Iris, Goddess of the rainbow, show me Orin at the underwater palace in Atlantis
"ORIN."
"Hello Percy"
"Did you know that there was a kiddies team who fought a robot today in Happy Harbour... Did you know that your protégé flew into my house. You know, destroying the entire front wall, and guess what, the cherry on top is that my boat was thrown into my house after your protégé flew into my house. Fun. My house and aquarium are destroyed. Not like a little water damage or the occasional dent, my house is currently a pile of weatherboard and pieces of what is supposed to be a boat, taking the place for what is supposed to be my wall. You could have just told me that walls overrated instead of hiring the heroes in practice to do some unorthodox demolition, and my aquarium is not looking much better. It has sand and pieces of boat and rubble floating in my open ocean tank. You promised me that there would not be any 'incidents' in Happy Harbour, the place you, Orin, you wanted me to live. You wanted me to live in Happy Harbour and now your petty little team of sidekicks have destroyed everything. That stupid little cyclone robot threw a boat in my house after throwing Kaldur'ahm into it. My life was finally going fine, I had my aquarium, I had a semi-decent relationship with my dad, Annabeth and I were in a stable relationship and none of my friends have recently visited Hades the hard way and now I have to rebuild my entire life's workings."

I swiped through the mist and looked away, my eyes brimming with unshed tears, my house is ruined, my aquarium is ruined and no amount of godly favours will erase the fact that it was Kaldur'ahm and his team to blame. Aren't superhero goodly-good teams supposed to protect civilians, because it seems like they aren't really that good at their job.

Kaldur'ahm. The Atlantean protégé of Orin was supposed to be the most amazing person ever. Kind, respectful, and a natural leader. Of course I wouldn't know because I haven't seen him for 5 years. I left that world behind when I was 12. He was part of the world that I wanted to leave behind. Too many awkward hello's while passing each other in the palace corridors, that feeling of never really belonging because I knew I never belonged in Atlantis and him turning a blind eye when people would harass me in the Conservatory [of magic] but I guess that was because he didn't want to be caught up in the likes of me, with all the demigod weirdness and all.

I don't know if I want to see him again. I could just sever ties and ignore the friendship we had during my not-so-great childhood. I knew I could just do it, retire to camp, or literally anywhere else and live out my days fighting monsters, spending time with the seven, my family and Annabeth. Did I really want to see him again, after I left him in Atlantis to fulfil my 'godly duties'.

I really just didn't know.

Published: 7th June 2020