five

Niall

It had been two days since Olivia and I had dinner at her place. Today was Friday and I remember that Olivia told me, she had the weekend off. I really wanted to see her again. I thought it would be nice to invite her over for dinner after she had long day of work today. I bought some sushi at the store, because I didn't forget that she told me she loved sushi. She did have a good taste, because Sushi is one of my favorites too. My problem was though, I didn't know when she got done at work today. So I wrote her a little note. 

„Hey, dinner at my place whenever you're home - Niall :)".

I walked across the hallway and taped it on her door. When I was back in my apartment, I closed my door and leaned against it for a second. 

What the hell am I doing? 

I hope she wouldn't think I was weird and hopefully she would show up. I sat down on my couch and started watching some sport show that wrapped up the last football season, since football is postponed right now. Half an hour later somebody knocked on my door. 

I hope that's Olivia

I got up and walked towards my front door. Before I opened it, I let my hand run through my hair, to fix it a little bit. „Hi Niall", she smiled, as soon as I opened the door. „Hey Olivia. You look... you look great", I stuttered. 

Damn it, why am I so nervous around her. I am not 16 anymore. I am a grown up, I know how to talk to women

„Thank you", she blushed. She really did look good though. She was wearing a grey T-shirt and a pair of black leggings. She looked so comfy. „So do you. I thought I didn't have to dress up", she noted. „Oh yeah, you are totally fine, I mean look at me. I thought we could just have a lazy evening, so you can calm down after a hard week of working. Come in", I exclaimed and stepped aside and she walked past me down the hallway into my living room that was also connected to the open kitchen. She stopped next to my huge couch and said: „Nice couch, looks comfy. And by the way, I brought a bottle of whine, I didn't have any beer anymore, but I definitely could use some alcohol", she explained and I could see her rolling her eyes. I started laughing. „Here, I take that", I took the bottle of whine and walked towards my kitchen cabinets. „Just sit down on my couch. I will be back with the food in a second", I added and I heard her sitting down on my couch in front of the little table I have sat up there. „Oh it's the summary of last soccer season", I heard her exclaiming happily. I walked back to the couch and Olivia, setting down two plates of sushi. „You like football? Or soccer...", I mocked her. „Yeah I love watching football, or whatever you want to call it", she smiled. „Also, you bought sushi. How did you know I like sushi?", she questioned. „Oh, you mentioned it the last time we saw each other", I shrugged my shoulders. She looked into my eyes as if I remembered an important detail of her life. „That is so sweet Niall", she said and she put a strand of her hair behind her ear, that fell into her face. „Ill grab the wine, I'll be right back", I said and walked back into my kitchen. I grabbed two wine glasses and poured them around half full and then I carried them back into the living room. After I put them down on the table, I sat down next to Olivia. „So, tell me. How was your day", I asked her with curiosity. We started eating dinner and Olivia told me how her day went. She told me about all these patients she had and what their diagnosis was and even though I only understood half of it, it made me so happy to see Olivia talking about her passion. Her brown eyes light up and she smiled. I think today she had a good day compared to two days ago.

After we finished dinner, we decided to watch a movie. „What do you wanna watch?", I asked. „Oh there is this new action movie about an attack on the White House. I heard it is super good", she said and my eyes widened as I looked at her. „What?", she laughed. „Nothing, it's just, you immediately knew what you want to watch and then you also like action movies. Just like me", I laughed and turned to the TV to open Netflix. I heard her laughing. She has the most beautiful laugh, I have ever heard and I could listen to it all day. 

What the hell, Niall. Calm down

„Wait a second. I'll run to my apartment really quick and get a sweater. I am kinda cold", she said and was about to get up. „Oh don't worry, I'll get you one. Here, you look for the movie and I'll find a sweater for you." I handed her the remote and got up. „Thank you, Niall", I heard her saying. I turned my head to her and smiled, while I walked towards my bedroom. I went to my closet and grabbed one of my grey Nike sweaters and I walked back into the living room. „Here you go", I said and Olivia looked up from her phone and grabbed the sweater. „Thank you so much Niall, that's very nice", she thanked me and put my sweater on. I just smiled and set down next to her again. Maybe this time a little closer than before, but I hoped she wouldn't notice. Olivia started the movie and we focused on that. 

After around 30 thirty minutes I felt her head on my shoulder. I looked over to her and saw her being almost asleep. I smiled. She looked gorgeous. Especially in my sweater. I arranged my body carefully so it would be more comfortable for her to sleep. While I moved my body I could feel her moving closer to me. She was probably just trying to find a comfortable spot. I kept watching the movie, which was actually pretty good, and let Olivia sleep. She had a hard week at work and she deserved some rest. After like 15 minutes I felt her moving again and I saw her waking up. „Good morning gorgeous. You slept for a whole 15 minutes", I smiled and she looked at me with tiny eyes. „I am sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep. I just had such an exhausting week at work and..." I interrupted her: „Hey, Olivia. Calm down. Don't worry about it. You are totally fine. Just relax. You can stay here and keep watching the movie with me and fall asleep whenever you want. I don't mind." She smiled. I felt her hesitating for a second before she put her head on my shoulder again. I let out a small sigh, I enjoyed her being close to me. After I finally convinced myself, I put my arm around her, to make it even more comfortable for us. I felt her snuggling to my side and I started smiling. This feels so right. 

My god, I can't believe I met her. She seems so perfect.