Chapter 42: The Battle (Part 1)

Stefan and Klaus walked through the front door of the Boarding House, immediately bombarded with questions.

"Is she okay?" Caroline.
"What's going on?" Bonnie.
"What was happening when you all left?" Elena.
"Do you think Destiny can do this?" Rebekah.

 The rest were just jumbled up, not distinctive over all of the talking. "My God, you are giving me a migraine," Klaus muttered as he pressed his fingers to his temples. "Sorry," everyone muttered. "I will do the liberty of answering the questions because we all know Klaus is worried enough. Don't make it worse," Kol told everyone. They looked down guiltily. 

"Now," he sighed, "I am sure she will be fine," he glanced towards Caroline. "What do you think, darling? They're fighting, most likely until the death of one, though I think Klaus and Destiny probably figured out a way to make sure Destiny can't die." Kol shot a pointed look to Klaus who sighed and looked away. Rebekah rubbed his back soothingly.

"I assume she told them to leave before the battle even began." Klaus nodded. "And of course Destiny can do this. Its Destiny Gilbert for God's sake. Is there something the little Gilbert can't do?" That awarded a few smiles from everyone. Elijah looked at Klaus worriedly. "He's fine, Elijah," Rebekah caught his look. 

Damon had Elena cuddled to his chest, trying to get her mind off of what was going on. She fisted her hands in his shirt and kissed his cheek. He kissed the top of her head and started stroking her hair. If the occasion were not so dire, Bonnie would have found it adorable, but with her best friend's life on the line, she couldn't even bring herself to smile.

Stefan's hand was in Rebekah's as she tried to take Klaus's mind off of Destiny and Silas. Bonnie sat up, stick straight, stiff as a board. "Bonnie?" Caroline questioned from her position beside of her on the couch. Everyone's eyes shifted over to them. "Its beginning."

***

I let the fire fill my hands before beginning to throw fireballs at him. He dodged all but one, which caught the end of his jacket. He quickly took the black jacket off and stamped out the fire. "I am so sorry, Dad," I yellowed over to him. He shot me a grim smile. I sighed before beginning again. All he did was avoid whatever I was throwing at him, occasionally creating a shield to keep himself from being set on fire. He's prepared to die, I thought. He isn't fighting me.

I felt my hair lift slightly, as if suspended in air. What? I looked towards it and noticed my hair was on fire, but not the kind that would burn me, though it might burn anyone else who tried to touch me. Looks like my power is spreading faster than I anticipated, I thought. His eyes widened as he noticed my skin start to glow a dull red. "What is happening?" I called over to him.

He just shook his head as my tattoo seemed to pulse and convulse, fueling the change. What the hell was happening to me?

***

"Bonnie? Can you see what is happening?" Elijah asked her. She slowly nodded, a faraway look in her eyes. "They were fighting, but then they suddenly stopped. Its hard to see..." Everyone was staring at her now, crowding around her at the couch. "Wow, what the..." Elena shared a glance with Damon. "Bon, what is it?" She frowned. "I-I think she's glowing." Klaus frowned.

"Glowing?" Rebekah repeated.

Bonnie nodded. "And her hair is on fire, but its not burning her. Its just like a constant fire. The moon seems to be getting bigger. I think that's what is fueling the Change." Everyone shared looks. "Change?" Stefan repeated. "Yeah, Change. From the looks of it, she is turning into what everyone thought to be extinct hundreds of years ago." Klaus spoke. "Well, what is she Changing into?"

She finally looked up at him. "I think she is turning into a Pyrokinetic Witch."

***

"I think Qetsiyah is telling us to get a move on," Silas yelled over to me as I felt myself lift slightly up from the ground.  He looked towards the moon. "The moon is probably fueling this. We need to finish this now! Don't hold anything back. I won't either. Give everything you've got!"
Everything became really clear, like my vision was heightened, like a vampire's is. Silas's eyes widened. "Holy..." he trailed off as he looked into my eyes.

I saw a water puddle off to the side and I finally saw my reflection. Holy is right, I thought. My eyes were glowing white. I was suspended about three feet into the air, but that wasn't really what caught my eye. Attached to my back were pure white wings that seemed to have fire coming off of them. What the hell am I? I thought. I looked towards Silas and saw him curling his hands into fists.

"Let's finish this," I thought.

***

"What is a Pyrokinetic Witch?" Caroline asked. Kol looked like he had seen a ghost, which was ironic since he was a vampire and there probably was a ghost lurking around somewhere. "Its a witch that is completely made of fire, their entire essence is fire. Its not a witch in the normal sense since they have wings made of fire. They were thought to be killed off. They are very dangerous when provoked. They usually only have powers of fire, so Destiny is a Hybrid of sorts in the witchy world," Kol answered.

Everyone shared a look. "So what does this mean?" Elena asked.
"Probably that she will completely destroy Silas without trying. Its Destiny, so hopefully she can change back."
"And if she can't?" Rebekah asked.
Kol looked down. "Then she has to be killed. It is too dangerous otherwise."

***

Silas tried to get inside my head, but I once again pushed him out. "Finish it!" Qetsiyah ordered from outside the clearing, next to it. Silas looked towards her, seeing her deadly smirk. 

Destiny.
I looked towards him.
You wanna finish her?
I looked towards him, alarmed.
If you want to finish this, then you need to kill her.

I narrowed my eyes at him and penetrated all of his defense in his mind. His eyes widened as he realized what I was doing. I saw him and Qetsiyah kissing, back together, discussing what would go down. Traitor. He betrayed me.  Choking back my surprise, a hand made of fire went out of the clearing and grabbed Qetsiyah, placing her right next to Silas. They both shared a glance. "Ready to die, Mommy and Daddy Dearest?" I snarled. Their hands curled into fists. I screamed and flung a ball of fire at them.