Chapter 44: Christmas

First thing you should know about Elena: She loves Christmas. She decorates the entire house with Christmas lights, red candles, and little glass Christmas houses that she buys at the local flea market every year. Not to mention the fact that she puts a mistletoe above every single doorway. Not even kidding. So, when I came down before getting ready and was standing right in the doorway to the kitchen, I was greeted by a kiss. By Klaus, of course. If anyone else had tried that, he would have ripped them to pieces. He is very protective, though that is one of the things that I love the most about him.

After about a half hour, he had to go, saying something about getting ready for the party. Caroline was throwing this Christmas Party over at the Boarding House on Christmas Eve, today. Elena said it couldn't be Christmas Day because she was making sure both Jeremy and I had a "proper Christmas". I am starting to think that she was mostly meaning me because I haven't celebrated Christmas since my parents died, about seven years. Wow. Maybe it is time I get in the "Christmas spirit"...

Anyway, after he left, I went back upstairs to my room and started getting ready. I stripped myself of my sweats and t-shirt and changed into a red metallic, peacock embroidered, satin, strapless dress that reached about the middle of my thigh. I also happen to know that Klaus loves red the best on me, and I plan to totally torture him tonight. I grinned as I slipped on my favorite pair of black lace gloves and blood red suede heels, the heel being about four inches. I quickly curled my hair, did my makeup, and slipped on all of my jewelry, my engagement ring being put on last. Of course I said yes. I told you I love him.

I stroked the silver, diamond embedded, twisted band of the ring that made it look as if it were a continuation of a bunch of infinities. The set diamond in the middle really spoke of Klaus's taste and the twisted band of his love. In other words, I adored the ring. After finishing getting ready, I walked downstairs, my lips tinted red, my smile wide. All of the scars from that damn Immortal have faded. Klaus fed me his blood after I said yes on the account of the scars were really making him want to bring that Immortal back from the dead (apparently Qetisyah had all of them tied to her, so when she died, they died. They were all her little minions, driving the knife into my skin to "keep me in check". Klaus was murderous when he found out. I had to kiss him, like, a lot to get him to calm down.) just so that he could kill him slowly and painfully for what he did to me.

There was also the fact that we agreed that he would turn me tonight, but I haven't told anyone that.

Elena looked gorgeous, dressed in a long, red dress that was open in the back and looped around her neck. It was tighter around the upper body, letting people see more cleavage than usual. Damon would be drooling. I chuckled at the thought before meeting her in the kitchen. "You look amazing," we both said at the same time, then laughed. I actually haven't told Elena about the engagement. I haven't even told Bonnie yet.

"There's something I need to tell you..." I started.

"Well, what is it?" Elena laughed.

I grinned and exclaimed, "I'm getting married!"

Her eyes widened in shock before she swept me into a hug, literally screaming in my ear. "He proposed to you?"

I nodded and held my left hand up, showing her the ring. She squealed and looked at the ring more closely before she finally dropped it.

"I am so happy for you, Dessie."

I grinned and that would be the point in the evening in which Jeremy finally emerged from his room, wearing a dark green button-down shirt, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. "Wow, Jer. You clean up nice. Bonnie is a lucky girl." Elena started tucking in his shirt, which caused Jeremy to roll his eyes. "And you're a lucky guy, so don't screw it up," I warned. He nodded before saying, "We going or what?"