Mallory smiled slightly, knowing that earlier that day, she herself stole the daggers from Klaus without him even knowing.

"From the vampire who's been stabbed by it as many times as your sister, I'd say difficult," Damon replied with an attitude.

"I second that," Mallory spoke up in a calm tone, "Perhaps you shouldn't have daggered her so many damn times."

Klaus sighed in frustration, just before tossing Damon another vial of blood. "Sweet," Damon commented as the vial landed in front of him.

"You disappoint me, Damon," Klaus remarked, an amused look on his face, "You're not trying very hard to get out of here. I expected more the daring escape artist, less the cell potato."

"Well, I am compelled to kill Jeremy, so I figured it's probably smarter to sit in here chitchat with you and Mal than try to bust out of here like the hulk," Damon reminded Klaus, his lips curling upwards.

"How do you think Elena felt about that, by the way, your inability to overcome Kol's compulsion for a single moment, even though it meant killing the person she loves the most in the world?" Klaus found himself asking Damon and Mallory sighed, knowing he was trying to taunt him again.

"She's met me," Damon replied with an attitude, "She knows that impulse control isn't my strong suit."

"Still, must be hard trying to live up to Stefan," Klaus continued on as he walked closer to Damon while Mallory watched them closely, "I remember when I compelled him to feed on Elena, he fought so hard, he actually managed to resist. Now, that's love."

"What do you know about love?" Damon frowned, giving Klaus a weird look as he stared up at him.

"I know that you're in love with Elena, but I think you're afraid of what might happen when we find the cure at the end of the rainbow," Klaus explained, an amused look appearing on his face, "Personally, I don't see a fairy-tale ending. Do you?" He asked and Damon didn't answer, "All I see is Stefan and Elena. I think you see the same thing."

Just then, Klaus' phone rang and the moment he saw that it was Kol calling him, he immediately answered. "Well, if it isn't the happy homicidal maniac."

Mallory frowned, immediately beginning to listen into the conversation. "Do you know that your darling former blood bag and her brother are trying to kill me?" He asked Klaus in a threatening tone, causing both Klaus and Mallory to turn to each other in shock.

"What?"

"Don't pretend like you're not in on it," Kol snapped at Klaus coldly, "Your obsession to find the cure clearly trumps any sibling loyalty you once felt."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Klaus argued and Mallory could tell he was telling the truth.

"I'm going to rip of Jeremy's arm and kill Elena just for sport," Kol confessed in a calm tone, "Then, I'm coming for you."

After Klaus hung the phone, he turned, only to become alarmed when Mallory had already sped off.

_____

By the time Mallory arrived at the Gilbert Residence, she heard Kol screaming in agony. "Kol!" She called out worriedly as she busted through the door to see Jeremy spraying Kol with vervain water from the sink.

Elena turned and the moment she saw Mallory, she became alarmed. "Jeremy! Now!" She shouted out, tossing Jeremy the white oak stake.

"No!" Mallory screamed at the top of her lungs as she sped forward, "No!"