🎶 Chapter 7

"(Y/n), baby, what are you doing?" Billie asked you sat he sat on the sofa, watching you desperately running around the house trying to sort things out. "Sorting things out." You told him.

"Sorting what out?" He said, looking around him at a spotless house.

"Things!" You said. 

"There's nothing to sort out," Billie said. You were a nervous wreck, there were so many things going on in your head at that moment that you were finding it hard to concentrate. Amelia was on her way round to see you and Billie for the first time since she and Connor had gotten engaged, you had a list about a mile long of things that you needed to get done whenever you had the time, and then there was the fact that you were hiding such a secret from your husband, and your entire family.

That's why you were a nervous wreck and running all over the place. 'You can't think about it anymore'. You told yourself. 'You can't keep thinking about it'. You repeated over and over again. 'Stop thinking about the fact that you could be seriously ill and could die'. You started to get more annoyed with yourself. 'For fuck's sake, stop doing this to yourself!' You told yourself as you anxiously scrubbed at a plate in the sink. You felt Billie's hand on your arm. 

"Baby, if you scrub that plate anymore, there won't be a plate left to scrub."  He said, taking it away from you and smiling at you. "What's going on?" He asked, looking at you inquisitively. 

"Nothing's going on." You lied as Billie looked at you in disbelief as he titled his head. He knew when you were lying to him, he was also good at seeing through your lies, but you just prayed that he would see that you were keeping such a big secret from him. You were going to tell him, you were just simply waiting for the right time to drop a bombshell like that. "I just want everything to be perfect for her. She's our daughter and she's engaged now!" 

"I know." Billie smiled, as he thought about seeing his newly engaged daughter. "But don't forget,  she lived here for 18 years, I don't think she'd mind if there was a plate in the sink." He kissed you but pulled away when he heard the sound of the front door opening and closing. "Hello!" Amelia said, as she came in and hugged you both. "Let me see the ring!" You said as she held out her hand for you to have a look. "It's beautiful," You said. "Isn't it Billie?"

"Gorgeous." He smiled as you all took a seat on the sofa. "So, how are you?"

"Overjoyed, confused, nervous." She laughed. "I still can't believe it."

"I can," Billie said. "You're a wonderful girl and any man would be lucky to have you." Amelia smiled at his comment just as she did every time he had told her this. "So, you said that you wanted to talk about something?" Amelia nodded.

"Yes," She said, playing with her hands as though she was nervous. "I hope it comes as no surprise that I wanted to ask you this, but," She looked at Billie. "I was hoping that you would give me away on the wedding day." Billie looked at her and smiled before bursting into tears. 

"I mean, I don't know who else you would've asked, but of course I will." He said as Amelia pulled him into a hug. She wiped away his tears and kissed his cheek. Amelia and Billie had been inseparable since she was born, and you knew how much this meant to Billie. It was going to be a big step and he had even admitted that he wasn't sure if he was ready to say goodbye to his daughter, even if he wasn't really saying goodbye to her. 

"There is no-one else that I would've asked." She told him. "It was always going to be you." 

"Don't," He laughed. "You'll make me cry even more." He wiped his eyes, feeling like a bit of an idiot from crying but you told him that it was only natural and of course, he was going to be emotional and that was okay. "There's something else," Amelia said. "I decided that I'm going to keep the name Armstrong." Billie's eyes lit up and you thought that he was going to start crying again. "You are?"

"Yeah, I'm going to hyphenate. I'm going to be Amelia Armstrong-Winton." She told you. "I didn't want to get rid of Armstrong because being an Armstrong is who I am and I don't want to lose that." Amelia stayed for while before she had to go and meet Connor about some wedding stuff; like Billie and yourself, they were already away with their planning, they were desperate to get married. She hugged both of you and told you that she loved you.

As you watched her walk away, you began to cry, knowing that there was a chance that you would have to destroy her happiness with some bad news. "I can't do this anymore." You said, suddenly and out-loud for Billie to hear you. He looked and you, confused as to what you were talking about. You decided in that moments that you couldn't keep this a secret from Billie anymore; even if the results came back that you were fine and cancer-free, he still had to know what was going on. The last thing that you wanted to do was ruin the happiness that he felt right now, but you couldn't put it off anymore; you were going to tell Billie everything. "What is it, (Y/n)? What's on your mind?" Billie asked, worried. "Is it Amelia getting married to Connor? Is it-"

"No." You said, quietly, placing your head in your hands. "It's not that." You said, losing your breath slightly. "You're scaring me." He said, placing his hand on your back to comfort you. You brought up your courage to look at him properly. "I haven't been honest with you." You admitted. "There's something I need to tell you."