Chapter 2 - Son Of Neptune

Magsimula sa umpisa

(This is the sword. Once again I am aware that it is an AC Odyssey sword, and that Ubisoft owns it. Once again, imagine that the sword is sea green and that Percy has two of them.)

Percy: Thank you so much, Dad. And thank Tyson for me. I've missed him.

Poseiden (grinning): Will do Percy. Now go kick some ass for me.

I would love to say that I went back across the hill back to the battle and destroyed every single monster there. But I didn't. I came up the hill only to be hugged by Hazel and Frank and lifted onto the shield by the entirety of the 5th cohort.

Everyone but Octavian: Praetor, Praetor, Praetor

Reyna: Alright everyone, get back to your quarters, freshen up, and come back for dinner. We'll formally thank the Amazons, and make Percy a praetor there.

As the crowd dispersed, Reyna beckoned me over.

Reyna: Let's go. We have much to discuss.

Percy: About what exactly?

Reyna: Well you are a praetor now. We need to get you ready to dress the part and to know your responsibilities.

Percy: Alright sure, let's get going. But first things first. There is no way on Earth I am wearing a bedsheet. I don't care if Jupiter himself comes down here and gets on his knees to beg me. It's not fucking happening.

Reyna stifled a laugh and agreed with me. Thank fuck for that as well. I would have gone crazy. We were on our way to a Senate meeting where my rise to Praetor would officially be acknowledged, and I would get the medal. And maybe my name on a board for Camp Jupiter records. You know like the ones they have in school gyms. The big boards that say "Most Wins during High School Career: Mark Strongman: 50 Wins "Maybe they'll have that. "Quickest time for someone to become Praetor: Perseus Jackson: 1 week." That would be cool. As I approached the Pomeranian Line, I saw the giant armless, legless, statue of Terminus there waiting for me.

Terminus: Ah ah ah. You may be praetor but you still need to follow the rules. No weapons.

I put Riptide onto the tray, noticing that little Julia is nowhere in sight. My heart squeezed as I almost started crying. Then something tackles me from behind and I notice that Julia is alive and well.

Julia: I'M GONNA BE PERCY JACKSON WHEN I GROW UP!

I laugh and ruffle her hair and continue to walk.

Terminus: Young praetor, your necklace. Leave it here.

Percy: No. It was a gift from my dad, Neptune. He specifically told me to keep it on my person at all times in case of an emergency. So I will not give it away.

Terminus looked pissed, and I just continued walking up towards the Senate House

Reyna: Percy that was a very risky thing you did. Pissing Terminus off like that. Gods don't like it when mortals question their authority and disobey their orders.

Percy: Reyna, please. Terminus is a joke. I defied Jupiter on multiple occasions and clearly lived to tell the tale.

Reyna: How? What? When? Where? Why? (I realized that this is in perfect alphabetical order and I'm smiling so hard right now. I'm so happy!)

Percy: You'll find out soon enough. I'm sure that the rest of the Senate will want to know my story. Speaking of the Senate, here we are. Let's go listen to them yell about how unqualified I am, shall we?

Octavian: HE IS A GRACEUS SCUM!! AN OUTSIDER! HE IS UNQUALIFIED. HE DOES NOT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT RULING A CITY. HE CANNOT BE PRAETOR!

Reyna: ENOUGH!!! THIS IS MY CAMP! I AM THE SENIOR PRAETOR AND OFFICER HERE OCTAVIAN. I DECIDE WHO GETS TO SPEAK. I DECIDE IF SOMEONE SHOULD BE PRAETOR. NOT YOU ARGUR. KNOW YOUR RANK! Now with that said, Percy Jackson, please tell us your story.

Percy: Ok but you need to know one thing. I am not a roman. I am greek. And I'm proud of it damn it.

Octavian: GRAB THAT TRAITOR!!!!

Percy: Seriously dude? I just fought an army of unkillable ghosts, 2 armies of monsters singlehandedly, and killed a giant. And you think that you will somehow beat me with no weapons or powers? How idiotic can you be?

Reyna: Enough! OCTAVIAN I GAVE YOU AN ORDER! EITHER FOLLOW IT OR I SHALL DEMOTE YOU FROM YOUR RANK AS CENTURION OF THE 1ST COHORT TO STABLE CLEANER.

Octavian: Yes Praetor

Reyna: Thank you. Percy please continue. I assume we have a lot to get through.

Percy: Yes we do.

And so I tell them everything from the minotaur taking my mom to me defeating Kronos. Octavian tried to interrupt a few times but a quick glare from Reyna made him change his mind. To say that the Senate was shocked was an understatement. They couldn't understand how a simple barbaric greek managed to do things that the almighty son of Jupiter himself couldn't do. As I wrapped up I remembered the iris-message I got from Annabeth earlier that day.

Percy: By the way, a greek warship is on their way here to pick me, Hazel, and Frank up to continue the quest and defeat Gaea. Oh and Octavian before you say anything about them attacking us, I swear on the River Styx that they shall not willingly attack Rome.

Octavian huffs and puffs like the big bad wol..., sorry ADHD. I can't think properly.

Runner: SHIP SIGHTED!! ARMED AND DANGEROUS!! PRAETORS WHAT ARE YOUR ORDERS?!

Percy: Have the legion on standby. I swore that they will not willingly attack us, but if they get possessed then that's not their fault.

Everyone looks at Reyna as I make an offended face. I mean does NO ONE trust me?

Reyna: What are you looking at me for? You heard him. Percy, I hope for your sake you are right. I would hate to have to kill you.