Chapter Ninety Four

Following you

Night blanketed the streets, hushing the bustling city into a quiet breath

Night blanketed the streets, hushing the bustling city into a quiet breath. Ava had stayed beside the enchanted map as her worry festered within her, too afraid of loss to move. Death always seemed to happen to those around her, cursing her to a life filled with grief and pain.

But if she could stop anyone else from dying, if she could just put her focus in to saving Niklaus, then maybe her suffering wasn't for nothing. As her thoughts dwindled on, fuelled by the new hunger nestled within her, something within the map began to change.

"Freya." She shouted out, eyes never once breaking from the blood splattered upon its surface. How was this happening? How were they all coming?
The witch ran back into the room, concern laced in every movement as she followed Avas focus.

"The spots, are they meant to be moving?" The O'Connell whispered out into the tense air, pleading that her fear was irrational. Fingers laced with hers as the pair stared down to the map, hesitant to stop any magic that had been spurred forth.

"It never stops..." Freya mumbled out, glancing toward her brother as he materialised beside them.

This was it. Ava thought. This was the prophecy. Every single enemy, every single foe. They were all coming to kill him. To kill Niklaus Mikealson.

"You don't have to come." The fear in his voice was as clear as crystal water, wavering at the small thought of death. Without protection of the sire link he was at the most vulnerable, and with that so was she. It was time to run once again, but was it a fate Ava truly deserved.

"Nik im not going to leave you when you need me the most." she hummed softly, hand delicately caressing the worry lines sinking into his skin.

"But Camille. You might not see her for centuries, something might happen and you'll resent me for-"

"I will never resent you." Ava interrupted his ramblings, the declaration set deep within their bond. "We have fought. We have separated. We have lost ourselves when trying to find the other. None of that has ever made me hate you Niklaus. I love you and I will never let you lose me."

And her words were truthful. They were inevitable, both the poison and the antidote. Both the wound and the bandage. A pair none expected, but still a pair that would never survive without the other.

"So if you have to run Niklaus, I will always follow you."

Consumed in their moment, losing sight of the danger momentarily, their lips connected. A soft and memorable kiss, one to prove there was nothing they could lose. To cement their truth before it could be twisted by those coming to hurt them. No matter what.

"Always and forever."

He whispered, forehead resting on hers as he smiled at her response.

"Forever and always."

•••

551k!

How's quarantine treating you 😉