Chapter eight

Flimsy material

Ava was sat twiddling her thumbs as she heard two grown men fight about who had the girl

"Brother, I will not babysit your new infatuation whilst you take your old infatuation with you to hunt down our father." A brunette britsh man declared, smugness oozing off of him and his pristine suit.

Cami had placed herself in front of her sister, her hands wrapping around Ava's like she did when they were younger.
"Ava I am going to leave you with this man alright, he is klauses brother. Please, just stay here. Whatever happens do not leave the compound." Cami begged quietly, her voice soothing the intoxicated girl in front of her as she nodded slowly.

Klaus scoffed at his brothers notion, his hand hitting his chest as if he had been staked.
"Ouch, brother that hurt. it really does bother me you think so lowly of me. You have no plans, I am seemingly offering this innocent girl a place of refuge in the vampire struck quarters. Surely this will bring the redemption you so much desire in myself." Klauses voice was so sweet it made Ava want to vomit. The brothers were in an argument, no sounds made were meant to be so soothing.

"I have been enlisted to help Haley, Niklaus. I have other priorities that top babysitting an incompetent girl you wish to indulge yourself with later." Elijahs tone was harsh and cynical. The words fell from his lips from the amount of bitterness that was associated with beer.

Camis head peeked up, her eyes slitted as she glared at the men.
"There will be no indulging!" Her voice was sharp and final as it raised several octaves. Ava's eyebrows furrowed at the word, her brain not being able to comprehend what was happening at that point in time.

Alcohol made her the opposite to who she was.
When she was sober she was sneaky and thoughtful.
When she was drunk she was loud and instinctive.
She was the classification of Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde.

"What's indulging?" Ava asked with a tinge of confusion laced in her tone. Her head was tilted like an animal to one side, her eyes drifting over each member of the group.

Elijah sighed at her question as Cami softly moved Ava's head so she was looking at her once more. He had yet to see the clear mind of Ava O'Connell. And when he would see her, he would be truly shocked on the difference.

Klaus smirked at Ava's reaction, his eyebrow cocked as he turned back to his brother.

"See. What harm can a young girl do?" Niklaus snickered in victory watching the disbelief but approval look in his brothers eyes. Just as klaus finished speaking, Ava felt the pain in her stomach rise.
The bile in her throat bubble.
Until she let it out.

Her lips parted and nose flooded with a horrible stench as she vomited against the Persian rug placed beneath her. The three gaped at her as Ava rubbed her bottom lip with her hand sullenly, guilt washing through her.