Chapter seventy one

Final hours

Once the Strix had decided to disband, Ava followed suit and slipped through the warehouse hoping to go unnoticed

Once the Strix had decided to disband, Ava followed suit and slipped through the warehouse hoping to go unnoticed. But a voice stopped her.

"Where are you going?" The man almost pleaded, his breath shallow and worn out from pain. Ava shook away her lost feelings and carried on walking, pushing the lose strands behind her ears as if she hadn't heard him call.

"Are you so eager to die?" Klaus continued, no tears able to escape as all were left dowsing his bedroom floor.

"I am already dead." Ava snapped, turning back with a ferocious glare.

"At least let me thank you." He noted, his eyes casted longingly toward the blonde. Avas body stiffened, white rage threading through her body as jolts of exaggerated emotion left her feeling emotional and pained.

"Do not think me helping your family, is a way of forgiving you. Aurora took away my life, Sean took away my chance of children. I will not have you take away my choice to die." She yelled, storming toward the hybrid with blinded rage shrouding her vision. She pushed her hands against his chest as new tears soaked her cheeks, her breath caught in her throat.

"You will not take that away from me." She repeated, stopping for a moment as she regulated the air passing her lips before turning away.
Klaus caught her wrist and spun her round, his eyes wide and pleading for her to understand.

"Please, Avangaline. Don't leave me." He murmured, watching as her anger subsided and her expression fell. Ava delicately pressed her lips against his and cupped his cheeks, only allowing it to last for a second as she dropped down to her feet. Klaus wanted that to be the answer he wanted, but her soft touch had already told him otherwise.

"I am sorry, Nik." She whispered, slipping away and hoping he wouldn't repeat the same wrong action twice.

******

Ava stood as the night sky fell against her skin and stared down at the plaque carved for her brother.

"Ava?" A soft voice called down the corridor of tombs, their voice send chills down her spine.

"Oh Cami." Ava cried out as she turned to her older sibling, immediately wrapping her arms around her body for comfort. Cami laughed dryly, stroking the blonde tresses of hair as Ava's grip tightened.

"Its okay, Ava. Everything will be okay." She whispered, pulling away from the somber looking girl.

"N-no it won't, I'm dying Cam. I'm running out of time." Ava replied, her crystal eyes wide and doe like. Cami nodded, her warm hands finding her little sisters cheeks.

"I know, okay I know." Camille sighed, wiping away the stained tears from Ava's greying skin.

"I didn't want you to hate me, not if it would last an eternity." The younger sister whimpered, nestling toward the warm touch as if it guided her to sanctuary. Cami furrowed her eyebrows slightly, grief already tracing her skin.

"Ava I could never hate you. I didn't hate you when you were two, I didn't hate you when you were twenty, and I wouldn't hate you if you were 200. you're my sister Ava, my life is better with you no matter what." Cami explained in her soft voice, lulling the distressed girl mute.

Ava pulled down her sisters hands so they were encased by hers, the tight feeling in her chest growing.

"I don't want to die Cami." She chocked, biting down on her lip as she watched her sister carefully.

"I don't want you to die." Cami laughed weakly, squeezing her little sisters hands in encouragement. Cami gave her sister a final look, one that was both declarative and sympathetic. With a gulp of air, Cami's voice filled the silence.

"Maybe you don't have to."

*****

The abattoir stood tall, yet the air surrounding it was weak with grief and pain. Nik had sat debating whether to leave the town altogether, his bag half packed as a gush of wind filtered through the room.

The balcony door creaked open and there stood Avangaline O'Connell, blood dripping down her chin. Klaus froze at the sight of her, the ring still balanced upon her finger.

"I couldn't do it." Avas voice sifted through the air, declaring to Niklaus that she was not a hallucination.

"Why not?" He replied, still at a loss of words as she stepped into the room.

"I stood with my sister, and the thought of destroying someone I loved killed me. And then I thought of how much loss you had to deal with already, I didn't want to be someone who hurt you- not like others had." Ava explained, stopping cautiously by the edge of the room.

"And how was it?" Klaus asked, still stuck on the same spot as he was when she had entered.

"I'm not going to lie, at first it was disgusting. But after that, it was euphoric." She grinned, red veins popping underneath her eyes at just the thought. Within a second, she had materialised in front of the hybrid. Her eyes still coated in red as the veins pulsed beneath them.

"I cannot wait..." she began, suddenly pushing him against a wall with a smirk- her face only inches from his.

"To do it all over again."

•••

172k!

And welcome the new Avangaline O'Connell.
Havoc may be in her wake.

Shout outs:
@dreamswill
@RebeccaRebby
@imanakhtar03
@dazy_t
@joannwhittingham

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X