CHAPTER LXXII. life

Start from the beginning

Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon.

Master Windu.

Master Yoda.

Anakin.

Ahsoka.

Padme.

Olivia...

I felt hands lift me as I saw Obi-Wan still alive from the fall as we rose to the top and seen blasters flashing all above us.

"Darling, are you all right?" Obi-Wan asked me as he kept his hands on my face.

My eyes started to water as I shook my head and cried silently. This whole war has changed, and there was possibly no use to make it end now. We were so close to finishing this, but now it has changed.

Olivia was still with Padme! My daughter's life was now in danger! 

It wasn't just Obi and I that dealt with this. The other Jedi I sensed must have encountered these kinds of behaviors and were slaughtered in front of what was our support. 

Obi calmed me down and asked what happened.

"You didn't see it?" I questioned him. "The troopers! Everyone in the clone army has just betrayed the Jedi. Darth Sidious... he's the Chancellor, Obi-Wan."

His eyes grew big as I continued on with also seeing the vision of Anakin killing Master Windu to aid the Chancellor's life. He was no longer alongside with us, but now the apprentice of Darth Sidious.

"I don't understand... we'll see if Master Yoda knows anything about this," Obi said. "He's with the wookies still on Kashyyyk. He should be okay."

"He might not be alive, dear," I informed him. "What happened to us happened everywhere else."

Obi stayed quiet as I sighed and closed my eyes with him still holding me close.

"Olivia might be in danger too."

Obi's reaction about our daughter sparked him instantly to flee back to Coruscant immediately. He knew that she could be in danger, but Padme had to be with her.

We both took out the breathing ventilator to swim and left afterward.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Once we got to another location, we both came above the water and climbed above secretly to not get detected.

Once we entered a cave, the drones that continued looking came near as Obi and I pressed onto each other as we stayed hidden from being seen. The water still on us wasn't helping at all as I put my head on Obi's chest with him trying to shield me.

The drone entered more to search as I saw the light shining through near us as Obi kept quiet.

"We're all right, love. We're all right," his voice was reassuring me in thought.

Just as the seeker noticed the monster in here, it quickly got consumed and the other one sped out as the monster went in the sea to find the other machine.

Obi and I looked at each other in worry as we slowly started to exit the back way.

The monster must return soon since there were babies of her kind as they made noises when Obi and I were near them.

We fumbled past and quickly got into the tunnel system, keeping quiet as we kept a firm lock on our hands still together. Eventually, we got to where the rest of the clone troopers were at along with Cody and B there too.

"Did you find both Lady and Master Kenobi?" Cody asked the troops.

"Sir, no one could have survived the fall," another replied.

"Start loading your men on the ships. Move it!"

"This way," Obi told me in thought.

He directed me to the lower levels as we eventually found a flight of stairs to find General Grievous's landing platform he had secretly came here in. It was quite the ordinary thing as only one could fit in the Starfighter instead of the one Obi and I came in.

"How do we fit?" I asked Obi.

"Sit on my lap," he figured. "It's all right."

"Are you sure?"

Obi looked at me as I sighed and got in. There was no time for arguments as needed since we had to escape the planet.

We exited into space as Obi spoke into the comlink.

"Emergency code 913. I have no contact on any frequency," Obi-Wan talked.

Eventually, a visual came up and it presented Bail Organa.

"Master Kenobi," Bail spoke through the static.

"Repeat," Obi replied.

"Master Kenobi!"

"Senator Organa," I said. "The clone troopers turned on us, we need help."

"We have just rescued Master Yoda. It appears this ambush has happened everywhere," Bail stated. "We're sending you our coordinates."

My eyes widened as Obi realized that I was right.

"Jewel..." Obi asked for me. "Love?"

I kept silent as I fell back on him and feared things will be different than ever. 

Not the way I wanted it to be, but in a more drastic situation.

We continued on our flight over to Bail Organa's Starcruiser. It was quite the size and I sensed Master Yoda there full of worry on the sudden change of events.

We entered in and exited out the Starfighter as they introduced us.

"You made it," Bail spoke as he greeted us.

"Lady Kenobi, dark times these are. Good to see you both, it is," Master Yoda spoke to us.

"I saw the vision... It was bright as ever, seeing that everyone was killed off by their own troops. Even Anakin turned, killing Master Windu," I told him as my nerves got to me thinking of my Master gone now.

Obi held me as we walked down the hallway, talking more of what occurred. No other Jedi had arrived and contacted the Temple or anyone else, figuring they were killed. Thousands of troopers had apparently attacked the Temple, making it vulnerable and quite weird with what Master Yoda had said.

There was a message to all Jedi of returning back and that the war was over.

"Well, we must go back," Obi spoke. "If there are any stragglers, they will fall into the trap and be killed. Our daughter is still there, too."

"Suggest dismantling the coded signal, do you?" Master Yoda asked.

"Yes Master, there's too much at stake."

"I agree. And a little more knowledge might light our way."