CHAPTER XLIX. goodbye

♢ || chapter 49. goodbye

We were all back at the palace now. Maul sit on the seat of where the Duchess would be. She was next to him, cuffed and kneeled while Savage and the Prime Minister were there too. Obi-Wan and I were placed in front of him like we were servants.

"Your noble flaw is a weakness shared by you..." Maul spoke as he started Force choking the Duchess in a hold. "And your duchess."

Obi-Wan huffed in a fit while Maul shook his head in disappointment. He wanted Obi to feel concerned for Satine, but he knew now that I was one for Obi to do something.

"You should have chosen the Dark side, Master Jedi," Maul turned his attention to me. "Your emotions betray you. Your fear, and yes, your anger. Let your anger deepened your hatred."

"Jewel, please... Don't!" Satine said through coughs.

"Quiet!" Savage told her as Maul backed him off.

Obi-Wan turned to me, worried with my focus still on Maul. I could sense Maul's tenseness on him with how capable he knew I was. I didn't want to take it any further for him to do something to Satine.

"You don't understand, especially how deep the Dark side is," I explained to Maul. "You think that having to do this kind of work is an honor for your name. It brings the epitome of whom you really are."

He growled with his grip on Satine tightening more and more. Obi-Wan tried to intervene, but he listened to what I had to say.

"There are times when you can do so much to let someone choose for themselves. And there are times when you don't understand why everything happens," I continued. "But for your sake, I will do the honor of having you let her go and allow me to present a better value."

Maul seemed intrigued by the words flourshing this room from me. 

Obi asked what I meant before he was struck in the head. The Mandalorians did not seemed please with how much Obi was speaking before they brought him back to face me.

"Let Satine go... And I'll join you," I grinned, faking the whole crowd that heard my trade. "Let the hate continue to fill your guts, but I will be the one killing Satine."

"What?!" Obi shouted as Maul smiled and started lowering his hand. 

Satine drop to the ground, coughing. The room watched with my sudden rise with Maul placing his anger onto me now.

"You think you could do such a thing?!" Maul shouted with him stretching his hand out to me.

He was about to Force choke me now, but I Force channeled his grip on where he was trying to place on me with me approachinf him.

"What?! How?!" Maul uttered with him trying to continue his flow of movement.

I kept my restraint on before I turned and seen Obi, watching in horror on the act I was playing.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi," I delivered. "You shall have the Jedi Council receive some knowledge back. It is quite impressive to know that Mandalore has quite the hold of their power. Sometimes..."

Obi questioned my statement. He didn't seem to understand what was happening with the others watching with Maul swiftly gripping on me, taking the Darksaber by my neck now. 

There was one way out to this.

No one would understand why.

"You will never concede why I must do this," I read my mind to Obi-Wan. "But please, allow me to show you what the Force can be capable of."

My eyes closed, connecting the energy in everyone's conscious that yet lingered active. 

Not for long though. The same trick I did would give the upper hand for a split second.

"She's doing something!" Savage alerted Maul. "Kill her!"

Satine got up after the Mandalorians were knocked out, heading to Obi with her eyes seeing what I was doing. 

I took my lightsaber from Savage's belt and penetrated Maul, standing where I was and felt the sharp pain through me in one of Maul's hearts. 

My eyes remained closed, feeling the coursing pain that had befalled onto me. The pain gradually continued with Maul trying to break out of the hit.

"You will not-!" Maul shouted before I switched positions and struck Maul's other heart. That was sure enough to get rid of him.

Maul tumbled on the ground, gasping with Savage towering over me with him striking at me. I parried his moves before I went behind and did the same trick again, hitting through me to penetrate Savage's heart.

The green magic that Mother Talzin placed on him started to appear, seeing him turn to Maul before speaking his finals words.

"Brother..." his voice articulated with Maul's limp body lying on the ground.

Once Savage stopped breathing after I hit the other core of his well-being, seeing him breathe one last time with him shutting his eyes.

Savage was gone. Maul was too.

My senses started to feel weak, realizing the two inserts I did to myself from attacking the two men. I felt it more and more with my legs giving out, knocking me to the ground before I could lie down.

Obi-Wan and Satine rushed over to me before I dropped down, seeing the both of them concerned for my sake.

"Love," Obi-Wan held me, placing his hand on mine.

I felt a foggy vision occur on me with Satine mumbling words of helping me. 

Obi-Wan didn't comply with her and shouted to get away. I had never heard Obi yell before, and it worried me to see him like this.

Satine was scared before she left in a hurry. Obi-Wan didn't bother with her while he had his focus on me.

"Jewel," he softly asked my name as he started to cry.

My eyes looked at him as I touched his face, holding his beautful beard that was in front of me. 

"My love," I spoke. "I'm sorry... There wasn't any other way to bring them down. The Force..."

He sniffed before reassuring himself and I that my wounds would be healed. They were just inflictions on me with the help of the medic droid to fix me.

"You will be okay, I promise! You can't leave me!" Obi-Wan continued with his tears forming. "We just got married! We enjoyed our time together, and now we're suffering in this endless misery!"

My hand touch his hand with his ring on it still, having him calm down as I smiled.

"Obi... We always enjoyed our time together," I told him. "You can't ever forget that."

He closed his eyes and continued crying. 

I couldn't feel much of anything through me. 

"I can't lose you."

'You will never lose me."

"But it won't ever be the same without you here."

"I know that you'll overcome it. Nothing is ever forgetten."

He looked at me, from what I could tell, as my vision started getting black.

"I love you..." I whispered, faintly hearing the surroundings in the palace.

"I love you more, darling," he smiled through tears. "More than anyone ever."

I felt something pull me. Gently, away from where I was.

Oblivion was ever neglected.

"Goodbye..."