Night life

They sat in a small bar where they could talk better. (Y/N) took a sip from her glass in front of her, of course Dabi paid for the drink. She listened to him talking about his quirk. This man seemed pretty interesting in this world full of idiots.

"This might be stupid question, but may I touch your skin?" She asked and looked him straight in the eyes.

He looked confused and weirded out at first.

Is she making fun of me?

Her face looked serious and expectantly with the slightest hint of a smile. Without any further words he stretched out his arm to lift his sleeve up a bit to the point where the staples were attached to his skin. She let her fingers glide over his scarred skin slowly and carefully.

"And, how disgusting does it feel?" He asked while he felt her soft fingers brush over him. He enjoyed the feeling.

She chuckled and ran her fingers over his silver staples. "Not at all. It feels different - but not bad at all."

He rolled his eyes and covered his arms. "Not bad is the little sister of absolute shit."

She smiled at him. "No, I mean it! I think it feels nice. What's so bad in being different?"

"You mean what's so bad in being a monster?"

"You're no monster just because you look different." Dabi was silent and stared at his drink in front of him.

"Don't look so sad. Different looks very good on you." (Y/N) said and took a sip of hers.

He chuckled in his dark voice. "Are you flirting with me, hm?"

"Yeah, yeah, keep on dreaming, boy." She said.

****

"And your dad always pushed you to do your biggest and most fatal flames?" She asked as they walked down the street.

He turned his head in her direction. "Yeah. Until the point where I daily coughed smoke by the age of thirteen."

Normally Dabi was a man who didn't like to talk about his feelings nor his past or his life in general. He liked to keep the most of his private stuff a secret. But he had to admit it, he felt good in her present - and he felt like he could tell her everything and she wouldn't blame him for anything. But he didn't know her for long. How can he be so naive? Since when is he that embarrassing sentimental?

"And what's you tragic story?" He asked with an ironic voice.

"Guess that's none of your business." She teased him.

"You have a really big mouth for someone who is alone with a villain in the middle of the night." He teased back.

"Oh please, if you had the intention to do anything to me, you would've done earlier. And I think I can keep up with you. So go on if you feel like it."

He was surprised about her bravery. She just stood there and looked at him.

"Are you having a death wish or something?" He asked as he walked along the curb stone towards her with his hands inside his pockets.

She just said nothing and stared into the night. "You make the impression that you need help."

"I don't think so, Dabi. I think I don't need anybody. I never did, so I don't think I need someone now."

How can she be so distant in a second?

He just kept silent.

"How can such a beautiful soul be so troubled?" He asked. She almost choked on her own spit. She giggled.