-6-

Mel's POV

I woke up and looked around in confusion. It was dark outside and also the room where I was lying was completely dark. Still, everything was spinning. So I slowly sat up and narrowed my eyes. The dizziness only got worse through the movement, but I knew my body. If I did not get fresh air now, I would throw up and I did not want that.

Slowly I got up and went to the door that led from the living room to the terrace. Probably every sober person would find it quite funny right now, as I was certainly anything but walking straight, but never mind. The main thing was to get some fresh air.

When I finally managed to open the door, I sat down outside on the floor with my back leaning against the cool wall of the house. I pulled my legs closer. Then I put my elbows on my knees and buried my head in my hands. God, I haven't been this drunk in a long time. That's one of the reasons I haven't been drunk a lot. I couldn't stand that feeling of powerlessness. The alcohol in my blood made me feel bad and I hated it. As much as I enjoyed this carefree drinking, but this...this was horror...

I didn't know how long I was sitting outside like this, but at some point I heard the door open. So I raised my head, but regretted it immediately. Everything started to turn again and I buried my head in my hands again. Then I closed my eyes and sighed softly.

"Must have been too much," Beth said after sitting down next to me. I just nod slightly. That's all I dared do at that moment. My fear of throwing up was too great.

"Lean forward a bit?," the British asked and I did. I didn't even want to ask. I felt a blanket being put around my shoulders and Beth's arm gently pulling me towards her.

"You'll freeze to death," she explained, and I leaned my head against her shoulder. Then I pulled the blanket tighter around us and closed my eyes again.

"Thank you," I whispered and Beth strengthened her embrace a little.

"You're welcome. You do this for friends."

I raised my head again and looked at her with a smile.

"Really?" I asked in a raspy voice and Beth grinned.

"You told us three hours ago that you loved us. So, yes..."

"Oh...do I?"

Beth nodded slightly. "Yes. Right after you told us about Emily..."

I looked at her in shock and felt tears burning in my eyes. I immediately broke eye contact again and looked at my hands. Great... I had told them about Emily and I didn't even remember. Well done...!

"What exactly did I tell you?" I asked quietly after we had been silent for some time.

"You told us about your birthday and that you hoped we would never do something like that to you. But you babbled so much that Jill explained it to us after we put you to sleep."

"You put me to sleep?" I asked, and looked at Beth again.

"Yes. You almost fell asleep at the table, and then Jill carried you in. She's five inches taller than you. It was the easiest for her," she told me with a smile. Then I sighed softly.

"I'm not always so bad when I drink...", I defended myself and Beth laughed softly.

"Well, we got you really drunk. But I still think it's strong that you didn't throw up..."

Now I had to smile slightly. "Me too..."

"Shall we go back inside? Sleeping would probably be a good idea...", Beth suggested and I nodded slightly. She stood up and gently helped me up. I was still dizzy, but not as bad as before...