-3-

Recap:

"What are they telling the others?" she asked cautiously and I felt even more tears coming into my eyes.

"The lie Emily told them...and everyone will believe them because they've known each other for a long time...and...and no one will believe me..."

-----------------

Jill put some distance between us again and looked at me questioningly.

"What did she say?"

"That... that... I..." I stammered and tried to stop all my bad thoughts. Then I took a deep breath.

"She claims that I...took advantage of her, when she was drunk and that I...wanted to force her to sleep with me..." I finally said it and Jill looked at me in shock.

"What?!"

"That...that's not how it was! Really! You have to believe me...please..." I begged desperately and started to cry again.

"I believe you Mel" she said softly and I started to cry even harder. At least one who did...

"What really happened?" she asked cautiously and I wiped some trembling tears from my cheeks.

"It was last year at my birthday..." I began to talk quietly about what happened.

Flashback

I sat on my couch with Alex and looked around my apartment. The girls had all stood outside my door 3 hours ago and sang "Happy Birthday" for me.

Afterwards my "forced" birthday party had started and a lot of alcohol was brought along. In the meantime the mood was quite relaxed, but this was mainly due to the amount of alcohol.

I wasn't sober either, but I also wasn't really drunk. I knew that I like to talk about my secrets after two or three drinks and I didn't want that here...

My gaze was caught by the "dance floor" the girls had created by simply rearranging my living room. Some of them danced, but I only had eyes for Emily. I had admitted my feelings for her to myself a few months ago, but I didn't dare to talk to anyone about it. Especially not to Emily. She was my best friend and I was so afraid of losing her...

"Are you ever gonna tell her? Or are you just gonna keep eyeing her up?" Alex's words tore me from my thoughts and I looked at her in shock.

"What?!"

"Oh come on Mel..." she said softly "Everyone can see you're into her..." she added with a smirk and I looked at the glass in my hands.

"I can't tell her that..." I whispered sadly and felt Alex's arm around my shoulders.

"Sure you can. You just have to be a little more confident."

I shook my head and looked back at Emily. Then I turned my head to Alex. "But she's not into women. Why should I tell her when I already know her answer..." I said sadly.

Alex smirked slightly. "I wouldn't be so sure. Just tell her..."

Then she stood up and left me sitting on the couch. I watched her questioningly. What was that supposed to mean?

A few hours later, I had just said goodbye to the last players and went back to the living room. There was only Emily left, but she wanted to sleep at my place. Besides, she was too drunk to go home.

I rolled my eyes when I saw that Emily was drinking again. So I took the bottle away from her. She immediately started whining, but I just went to the kitchen and put the bottle away. When I turned around, I got a short fright, because Emily stood behind me with folded arms and looked at me angrily.